I'm a 14 year old male from Ireland. I've had this lump on the outside of my anus for about 6 weeks. At first it was hard and small but now it is squishy and one day it could be very big, the next it could barely be felt. There has never being any real pain. Sometimes my anus itches or there is discomfort after I press it. The odd time there might be streaks of blood on toilet paper after excretion and rubbing it. However thay rarely happens anymore. I would like to know if anybody has had similar problems and what has happened. I am reluctant to go to a doctory but I suppose I might go if needs be. I would also like to know some general questions about cancerous, i.e what colour are they, do they increase in size, do they feel hard or squishy, etc. ???!! Also I would love if somebody qualified could give a good answer to "What are the odds that a lump is cancerous particularly if they have the above characteristics???????????????!!!!!!!!! I wpuld love to get some replies.

Hi Irish,

It sounds more like a hemorrhoid. They are very common, anyone can get them, at any age, and you have all the symptoms.

At your age it is not likely cancer.

Thanks for the reply and info medic-dan. Appreciate it... Really relieved to read your reply.