I'm 16 and recently found out I am pregnant. I went to my doctor last week because of severe sharp abdominal pain, and she said it's normal, and because I'm so young it is because my body hasn't fully developed yet. I'm still really concerened about it, I had the pain again last night, not as bad though...
If anybody has heard of anything like this, or experienced it i would really love to hear from you....

I don't know the exact pain you are having, but I know that my first pregnancy ( I was 16 / 17 yrs old) I had all kinds of strange aches and pains. Hell even my labor was strange, I didn't know I was in labor till i got to the hospital and was told my contractions were 2 minutes apart lol.

Trust in your doctor, he/she has seen a lot of pregnancies, of that you should be assured. If you cannot trust him/her enough then you should look into getting into a new doctors office.

If you ever need to talk, let me know, I was a teen mother too. I finished high school and I have a wonderful job. I'm now 31, engaged, and expecting my 3rd child finally. My girls are 14 and 9 yrs. :-)

Hey, hope your feeling better!!

I was a young mom also, the aches your experienceing are normal, I dont know why she said that its bc your young tho, thats not exactly true at all.

All women can get those pains and many do.

Its caused from the stretching of muscels and ligaments that are now being used to and in preparation for the pregnancy. And it IS normal :)

If it gets too bad for you or theres bleeding, call ur Doc!!

hi there i just looked up this pain on the net cos i was worried, last night i was asleep n a sharp pain in my right side of my tummy it stayed for about 15 minsiuties then went, i managed to fall back asleep to later wake up again witht he exact same thing i contacted my midwife and she said its normal :O) huge releif xxx

Heyy Im 17 & Have Just Found out Im Pregnant Also.
Im Around 6 Weeks Aswell.
I Have A Lot Of Sharp Pains Too, Ive Been Told Its Nothing To Worry About, Just The Wall of The Uterus Thickening.
:O) Good Luck

yes i understand what your going through im now 19 weeks and i get bad pain like sever period pain but it isnt if u no what i mean i go to the doctors she cant see anything wrong i lay in bed n cry n i dont want to take any harmfull drug to take the pain away as this is my first baby and im scared i could do somthing wrong im so scared that its not normal but maybe it is im also scared of going into laboure does any body have ay good tips for me please plus im scared of needles that dont help lol!!!

hey im 16 to and 6weeks preg just like you. and yes i have been having pains and it does realli scare me. but i went to hospital and they said everything was fine. the doc said it might just be the baby implanting his/her self into the womb. so dont worry hun your baby will be fine.

ps: how do you feel about being a teen mum> im so scared:( but happy at the same time. Do you know what i mean

hey im 16 to and im also 6 weeks preg. i have been having the exact same pains as you. and like you i worried (which is what us mum do best lol) i went to my doc and he said everything is fine and not to worry so just realax hun and enjoy your pregnancy

ps: how do you feel about being a teen mum. im so scared but happy at the sametime.bt anyway if you ever need to talk my msn addy is _[removed]_. take care.

heatherx

im also 19 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child but 2nd pregnancy. the pains are normal. ive been getting them quite alot but never did with my 1st pregnancy. if they get worse or u start bleeding call ur midwife or doc. if its ur 1st pregnancy & scared of goin in 2 labour, dont be! all i can say is go with it & keep having the gas & air. it doesnt hurt that much, it just feels like period pains. i wouldnt lie as ive had 2 babies 1o mins apart. :-)

im 17 and i was wondering if any one could help me out, i was 7 days late on my period and i lower stomach hurts and i have to pee alot and i have a lot of the signs of being pregnant, but the thing is that i took a pregnancy test this past saturday and it said that i wasn't? did i take it too early?? someone please help me?

hey im 22 pregnant with my 2nd baby and im lower stomach hurts but im 19 weeks pregnant if you think ur pregnant go to the doctor they can tell u if u r pregnant or not. its look like you are pregnant if u havent had a period i was 4 days late and i did do one and its said i was but i went to the doctor and she said i was go to the doctor hun best thing to do if u are worried x

you guys have no idea how relieeved ia m to hear that it is normal! im 17 and 19 weeks pregnant. i found out i was pregnant when i was 16, and just recently i started having pains. there constant and it scares me so bad. i have a friend that said i could be in danger of aborting my baby. thats the worst newsi could of gotten! but im glad to hear its normal. the thing is i havnt gone to the doc kuz of no medicaid, so i come to the net to ask questions:)

You can get a false negative on a pregnancy test.. Your fist pee is the best time to take it as the pregnancy hormones are at their highest.. Take another or visit your gp.

what do you mean you've been having alot of signs of being pregnant? what signs are you talking about? and what kind of pregnancy test did you get?

hi,

i am 30 years old.am having a sharp pain like menstrual pain.am TTC.my period is getting close.is the pain a menstrual pain or a stretching of the uterus awaiting ptrgnancy.i am very worried.