I am a 26 year old that is having problems with my thumb. I have had trouble with it for about 4 months, I am having trouble flexing it especially in the mornings. I wake up and its really sore and stiff and it takes about 30 mins to finally where I am able to flex it. Someone had said that it might be out of joint but I have pulled on it and popped it and it is still the same. At the base of my thumb near the palm I feel a big knot or bone. It is not where I can't live with it, it just is really annoying and ideas or anything I would love to hear them.

message your finger about 30 mins a day. in one month you'll see the difference.

Sounds like Trigger Finger.

I am not a doctor for the record, so legally, I don't hold myself responsible for anything I say, but the symptoms that you stated appear to be symptoms of Trigger Finger.

Trigger Finger-A defect in a tendon causing a finger to jerk or snap straight when the hand is extended.

This probably occurred over a long period of time, b/c of something you must have done repetitiously, like writing, but holding the pen/pencil really firm and writing over a long period of time.

Hope this helps.