Its only my second day on the antibiotics but I am still very worried

Celebrity
Hello mate! I once had similar problems, so maybe I could help. Are you saying that both of these symptoms have occurred right after you had the intercourse?

You haven’t felt any of these before? If this is truly the case, then I can only think of an STD. Did you give your urine for testing?

It could be urinary tract infection as well. I had burning pain and problems with urination when I was diagnosed with it. If this is your case, then I guess antibiotics will help.

Anyway, there is another thing I can think of but if your symptoms occurred right after that intercourse, then this is unlikely to be your case.

Thanks for your reply

Any further help would be much appreciated.

About twenty days ago I was diagnosed with NGU. I also had problems with urination and with penile discharge. However, my testicles were not involved. I had a swab test, which showed NGU. I got antibiotics and I have been taking them for ten days. I didn’t have sex during the treatment and I took the whole recommended dose just like I was supposed. However, after I had finished with the antibiotics, my symptoms were still present. I went to see the urologist again and he told me to come back in 7-10 days if the symptoms persisted. But they did go away in 5 days time.

When will you have your swab results back?

I have never had a discharge just pain after urinating a testicle pain.

Any further thoughts what this might be????

Thanks for your comments

The only thing I can think of with persistent symptoms is chronic prostatitis. How old are you, anyway? This disorder usually develops in older men (+30).

My father has problems with prostatitis. He has been taking drugs for more than 8 weeks now. He uses the same drug you got prescribed in the first place-Cipro. He also needed to make some changes with his nutrition-like to forget about the alcohol and spicy food and drink a lot of water.

What did this doctor of yours tell you? Why is he giving you these antibiotics?

I reckon you should do a urine test then.

I am 50 years old, I had a vasectomy some years ago and a follow on op to remove some unwanted tubes, I suppose my left testicle has always had some problems. I also have trouble doing a full flow pee, I tend to stop and start, its been like that for as long as I can remember.

I am drinking plenty of water at the moment and have been very good in the alcohol department over xmas, not had a lot at all, thats my new years resolution to cut down on the beer intake.

Can a urine test tell whether you have prostatitis??

Thanks for the support

Hi Macklie95
I saw that you had a vasectomy. My husband did as well almost 22 years ago. About 5 years ago, he started having trouble with full flow pee, and he was put on cipro and a few other prostatitis drugs. But he went to a specialist finally (uroligist)who did an op and found that his pee problem was related to a bunch of scar tissue built up over the years from the vasectomy. The doc cleaned him out in a 15 minute op and he peed (this is kinda gross,)like a fire hose.....i am NOT lying!
His other problems also immediately disappeared after this op. I would suggest going to a specialist and finding out if they can see if your pee problems might also be related to scar tissue as well.
Hope This Helps you!
becky

pain & burning sensation in the bottom of testicles kindly give me the treatement