Hi all, 
2 days ago I started to feel a little discomfort in my left testicle. I didn't think much of it, until this morning. I wasn't able to sleep  last night due to the discomfort. It's not so much a sharp pain, but a constant ache and occasional increase in pain, then back to normal ache. 

I got an ultrasound done today, and it showed nothing. 
Also did a urine sample test, which shows +2 blood and +1 protein in my urine. 

I have in appointment with my GP tomorrow, but I'm wondering what the heck is going on? I like to think I'm fairly healthy. I don't smoke, don't drink much (special occasions), and usually eat pretty healthy home cooked meals. 

Also, sometimes when I pee, I have to wait for a while because it keeps feeling like there is more to come out...and it does..eventually. 

Any ideas?

Hi mr,

You might have a kidney stone.  It can cause pain in the testicles and would explain both the blood and protein in your urine.  It may also be a form of prostatitis but usually that wouldn't explain the protein.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.

Thank you for the input. I'll mention this to my GP tomorrow. Are kidney stones common in younger people? I'm just a little shy of 30 yrs of age. Also, what causes kidney stones? I'll admit that I love salt. Im sure my salt intake is twice the average persons. But I'm not sure if this is the cause. I'll post back the results tomorrow. Thank you

Kidney stones are becoming more common. I've had them, first time at 20. They can be composed of uric acid or calcium. Yes, salt is often a contibuting factor.

Good luck.

Hi again, 
I visited my family doctor. He believes it's an infection and prescribed a 7 day antibiotic treatment. I've taken 3 pills so far, and already starting to feel better. He said my body would have eventually fought it off by itself, but let me have the antibiotics so I could get back to normal quicker. 

I will be doing another urine test in 3 weeks to confirm everything is okay. 

I believe the infection either came on from swimming pool or whirlpool (which I will no longer be going to). 

I'm curious to know what type infection your doctor claimed it was I had the same exact symptoms that you're having I also went swimming in a lake that I've never been before approximately two weeks before I started to feel pain in the left testicle which felt like "blue balls "the next day I started to urinate blood went to the hospital I did receive ultrasounds which were negative no STDs which already knew that I was diagnosed with epididymis which as I'm looking online I'm starting to believe that that is not the correct

Update: it's kidney stones

I am getting suddenly pain near left side of testicle so i went to a doctor they took my urine test and blood test. Blood test was normal but in urine there was glucose and protein, so doctor u will be ok but after 1 week i get suddenly pain, what will be the cause?

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.