Sometimes if I urinate soon after ejaculation, I will feel pain in my urethra near the tip of the penis. Also, sometimes I will feel mild discomfort even before I have urinated. The burning pain during urination usually only lasts for about 30 minutes with mild discomfort lasting another 30 minutes or so. During this time, it feels like I can't empty my bladder and I end up visiting the bathroom many times, only urinating a little at a time. This only happens periodically and can happen after masturbation or intercourse. I have had this problem for several years now (even before I became sexually active). Since it only happens once in a while, I haven't mentioned it to a doctor, but I'd like to know what the problem is and if I can do anything about it. I plan on asking my doctor about this next time I go in for a checkup, but in the meantime I am hoping someone here can help me understand what is going on. Thanks.

I've only been having this issue for like maybe a few weeks now, but I have been experiencing the same thing, discomfort for a while that comes before urinating for the first time after ejaculating, and pain during urination and this doesn't happen all the time... And I don't think that it's something I've caught from my sexual partner, as we have yet to have intercourse.

I can't provide any advice or information to you, but the same thing has been happening for years to me as well (I'm also 23). It tends to happen more if I am drunk or have been drinking large amounts of liquids before masturbation/intercourse.

I can say that I have been able to prevent it to some degree by avoiding masturbation/intercourse if I have had a lot of liquid recently and expect that I would need to urinate before I ejaculate. I'd say that this happens to me a few times a year, but when I wasn't more careful about watching my fluid intake, it happened at least once a month for probably 6 months.

I agree with the guest above. I only get this when my bladder is full. And it is sure to happen every time.

Happens to me also. I'm 23 as well, and this has been an ongoing problem for circa 5 years.

I have no idea to how to prevent reoccurring, except abstinence!

Interesting,
I have had exactly the same symptoms as this after ejacution for about the last 10 years. I am now 37. Doesn't always happen, but is very uncomfortable when it does.

As with others here, when it occurs it is usually preceeded by alcohol consumption.

Does anyone have any further information about this?

Yeah, I get the exact same thing. It feels almost like your urethra is itchy, and you just want to find some way to scratch it.

I'm 22...and i am also having the same problem for a couple years now. although i cannot describe it as itchy though it is more of just a pain. it also happens after i consume alcohol. its odd, its not a sharp pain or anything but its just a weird type of pain. i really cant find a way to describe the pain accurately. it is pain throughout my urethra and further inside. every time it's occurred, its after I've been drinking a lot, have sex and then urinate. %-)

14. Why do I frequently have pain during my first urination after ejaculation?

It is not unusual for the male to experience some burning (dysuria) during urination following ejaculation. This is the result of friction developed along the urethra (the lining of the penis) during the act of sexual intercourse or masturbation. Urine moving along the urethra creates a burning sensation. It should not be considered a sign of any active disease or indicative of injury to the penis but rather a natural event. However, if burning persists in the absence of ejaculation or sexual contact, some type of infection may be present.

i'm 19 years old and it has also happend to me once at 18 but it started about a year ago, and it just recently came back..... a stinging when i urinate after ejaculation. then almost an itch in the urethra after...... but it is not constant just comes and goes

I get this too... sometimes when I urinate immediately before masturbation, for instance. Just an uncomfortable feeling, constant trips to the bathroom to urinate with little result, discomfort, etc...

Might it be linked to the prostate?

23 m. I am sitting here waiting for that feeling to go away, I'm glad to know it sounds like a normal thing and not an std as I've had this for a few years. Yes I have been drinking and the little lady is working :-P Guess like a few of you have posted to just try and be careful about drinking/ejaculating/urinating... this would be one of the few things where I (or any guy) would have to turn down an orgasm. The burning pain and trying to wait it out will drive you up the wall.

Wow, I just googled this because I am experiencing this while drinking a beer! 8-|

Glad to hear it happens to others, but I hate this!

This is my remedy for this problem, because its normal.

I drink cranberry juice if I get this burning sensation. Then I just wait until I have to urinate again, and the cranberry juice somehow helps sooth that little itch or burning feeling and things are all better.

i get this too.. gonna ask my doctor but im almost positive it has something to do with the alcohol in the urine irritating the urethra after ejaculation.