I had an abdominal liposuction and tummy tuck (36" scar) just over 2 months ago. Everything has healed well and I am almost back to normal, except for the pain in my ribs.

The skin on my upper abdomen still feels tender, but when even the slightest pressure is applied to the top of my abdomen, it really hurts at the bottom of the center of my rib cage/breastbone.

I cannot wear a bra because it is so uncomfortable. Is this normal?

Hey my mother had tummy tuck surgery last year and she healed without any side effects luckily. But she was doing things by the book. She has even made a to do and not to do list pre and post surgery. So now you should consider where you doing everything like your doctor told you to do because you shouldn't be experiencing any pain especially in your rib cage.

Maybe it would be vise to consult your surgeon just to be sure that everything is fine. Your health is far more important than anything else. So call and schedule a checkup.  

And if I may ask what was the main reason for this surgery? Did you wanted to get rid of abdominal fat or some stretch marks? And are you satisfied with the results? And how big is your scar?
Let us know is everything ok.

Interesting to see this. I had lipo the end of Oct '11, and on Christmas day started having rib pain. My FP MD has done several diagnostic test and never could find a reason for the pain... wanted to just send me to a pain clinic. Then I developed pneumonia and was hospitalized and an infectious disease MD was consulted. In the course of the hospitalization, I told him about the pain. He feels it may be a neuritis (inflammation of the nerve) and prescribed Neurontin. I'm just starting to take it so will be anxious to see if the nerve was irritated in some way. Couldn't really say if it's rlated to the lipo, but would be quite a coincidence if not.