I had liposuction under the upper portion of my arms...the right one looks wonderful...but the left arm looks gathered and deformed. My Surgeon's assistants are doing "Ultra Sound" treatments to reduce and break down the scar tissue. My question is... does the Ultra sound do anything for the gathered skin? I know it must look as bad to the assistances as it does to me because when ever I get a new person they "gasp' upon seeing my arm for the first time. All of them have said...Lipo did this? so I know it must be very unusually. The Surgeon has done other surguries on me and all were perfect. I understand Liposuction isn't an "exact " procedure and there can be some slight asymmetrical issues. Do you know what causes the gathering of so much skin?...(about 5 inches) from armpit...the site of the first incision towards my elbow..the site of a second incision. I have had Lipo before on other sites and have had the lump and bumps and am very good about wearing my arm binders and massaging the site many times daily. My other area always smooth over with time but this is my first time having the gathered skin issue. The gathers are topical...the gathered skin just sits on top of the lumps from the lipo area. Exactly like as if you have sewn gathers into the skin making a ruffle. Odd. Any input would be helpful..thank you.

Hi, I have read your post and I see you have a similar problem as my co-worker had. I wanted to share his case with you so that you know you are not the only one with having bad results after liposuction.
Anyways, that colleague of mine had kind of bigger chest muscles and when looking from the sides, it looked like female breasts. He wanted to correct it so he decided to undergo a liposuction. He had the excessive tissue removed and I can freely say it looked gross afterwards! He should have known before that this surgery carries a risk of getting irregularity of contours. But it had been done and he could only go for another correction which he didn’t want, and was also advised no to, so his chest looks funny nowadays but he said it could have looked either bad or good.
I know nothing about ultrasound and its effects, but what I know is that it is very unusual that a patient have another surgery.
I hope someone could help you more with this!

Newbie,
Did these treatments help to reduce and break down the scar tissue? I had lipo on my arms and have the exact same thing on one inner arm. Has the issue been resolved??

Anyone else have a similar problem? Please advise how it was resolved.

3 1/2 wks post op, and i have the same problem. does it go away? i cannot afford a new surgery, and the area is so sensitive it aches to massage it! please let me know what, if anything works!

I will definitely bookmark this site and keep checking on this topic, as I too am having the same problem. It has only been about 3 1/2 weeks here too and this was a very good surgeon. My upper arms have always been disproportionally heavy, I don't know why, I am relatively thin and work out but that is where extra weight goes. So, very unlike me to do it but I just finally decided to take care of a this problem that I have always had--I could never even buy blazers or blouses. So I was so happy to have done it, and wore the garments exactly as told, massage regularly (and yes, my triceps are very sore still--but I find stretching eases that). But I'm worried now because they are so lumpy and the skin gathered.
I would LOVE to know if this will eventually go away, or anything I should be doing. Anyone who has had this procedure, I would so appreciate any feedback!

Any improvement on any of these skin gathering issues? Was it laserlipo and maybe too many joules were put in too superficially? Or was too much fat taken on your left arm? Did they try multiple steroid injections about kenalog strength 3mg/ml? That is what I'd done for keloids, altho the strength can be as high as 20-40mg/ml . It's been about a year now...

Hi All!!

I share the same preocupation as you guys! I am having surgery in a month and my surgeron told me everything was gonna turn out fine but I am still scared of sagging skin!!

Since elasticity decreases with age, he told me I would be fine since I am 20 years old.  What are your ages and what was your aproximate size of arm?

I had liposuction done by dr Scott Turner in Dee Why, Sydney. My skin is terrible. Wavy saggy old looking skin. The thing is I didn't really need much fat taken out. I now look deformed because he took all fat out to the bone. He has ruined my life. Be careful who you get to do this procedure.

I had lipo too done by dr scott turner over a year ago with terrible results. This doctor is inexperienced and is only after your money. BEWARE of this doctor in Dee Why..

Hi Ben did you ask Scott turner why it looks ba d? I had an appointment with him for lipo