what causes stomach gurgling and what is cure

Hi! Is stomach gurgling the only problem you are experiencing? You have no pain or any other abdominal discomfort? Because irritable bowel syndrome makes these noises sometimes along with other discomforts you may feel.

If it’s just gurgling, it is just a digestion taking place. There is even a name for the sounds. It is called borborygmi. What you are hearing is food bathing in stomach acid and being moved up and down by the intestine muscles for breaking food down and absorbing nutrients. When you add up air and gas, you get the gurgling sound.

If it happens to you in the afternoons it probably means you haven’t had breakfast and you should have, so make sure you eat something before 9.30.
Once I read that it is good to drink warm 7 up, so that the soda bubbles could set free the trapped gas, which would them come out as a belch.
Or, if the gurgling starts out of the blue, have a snack, put something light in your stomach if you don’t have the time to eat.

Does the gurgling happen too often?

I have similar issue. All my life my stomach gurgles. All day long too. It's quite the conversation piece in meetings. It often sounds like huge gas being expelled, but it's internal. No pain. Had a endoscopy and colonoscopy and all was perfect. Guess I just have a loud stomach throughout the day which I have just learned to live with. If ever I am hungry - it's twice a bad, but normally it can kick up at any time.
Jennie a

I've been having the same problem of strange stomach noises.
It happens after lunch. I don't have breakfast at all - so maybe thats the reason. Another thing is that if I go to the toilet, the noises don't occur anymore.

My stomach has been gurgling lately and it's been driving me crazy cant
concentrate in class and it makes gurgling noises after i eat , now everytime i wake up it makes same noises and i go to the restroom and then it stops well until next morning well i was wondering if there is something i can do to stop that annoying gurgling, i never had these problems before , ive had this for a year and a half and want to get rid off it please HELP me!

I have gruling stomach after taking this diet pill called Acai. No stomach pain just gurgling. I hope this pill is working for me cause its expensive. I hope this is the sign of losing weight.

I have gurgling in my stomach as well. I mostly hear it at night. Its not because I am hungry or just after I eat.What can I do to fix it. There are no other pains or symptoms.

My stomach gurgles all the time but only when I lye on my back. It's so annoying. How do I stop this? theres no pain...just the obnoxious gurgling..

I have been having stomach gurgling and pain for a few days now. it is intense pain but not hunger pains. It is reveled temporarily (20 to 30 min) by eating. I am afraid it is a stomach ulcer or something worse.

My stomach gurgles all the time and it's PAINFUL. I don't know how to make it go away.

SAME

Anyone know a way to stop this? I think many of us are curious? is it worth going to the doctors for?

Anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

SAME

Yes I think we would all like to know, this happens to me also.

another victim here of gurgling stomach- it just wont stop. help, its sick !!

it has developed in last 6 months and just getting worse.

tried colon hydrotherapy, eating snacks - nothing helps

I also have this problem. But as long as eat just a little my stomach doesn't make noises but when I eat more, even normal consumption, my stomach(and even my large intestines? and particularly my alimentary canal end) vibrate and make noises. Often it is really loud and horrible sounding. So I am limiting my food intake. Someone please tell me why. Most people don't seem to have such problems when they eat well. I need a solution. It is embarrassing.

I would assume that the gurgling may not actually have anything to do with it. But it may
who knows? My stomach gurgles in the afternoon after I eat lunch but haven't eaten breakfast. Do you eat breakfast?