My mom recently had third gallbladder attack and I somehow started to think it has something to do with the food she love eating-fry potatoes and other junk food. Anyway she is now 56 and she is in menopause and I also think she never had the problem with gallbladder attack before but now seems like she can't be eating like she used to and she has also started gaining some weight so I would really appreciate someone tell me what are the diet tips for avoiding gallbladder attacks at first place. Thanks!

Hi! Maybe your mom has developed gallbladder stones and that is where those gallbladder attacks comes from usually so I recommend she go check this out with her doc. anyway having the right diet is very important in avoiding gallbladder attack for you know junky food is the first to be blamed for those attacks so my advice is always-eat the fruit and vegetables and food rich in fibers for this sort of food fastens the intestinal transit-so it is well known that vegetarians are the ones who suffers less from gallbladder disease and that is for they eat much vegetables. Also your mom should avoid food rich in sugar, fat and cholesterol for that is why those gall bladder stones are created and obesity is also one of the factors that causes the formation of gallbladder stones and on the other hand the same thing could cause the crush diet so my advice is never lose weight that fast. My mom also had the same problem when she enter the menopause and it was due to the estrogen that she takes for she was explain that this hormone may cause formation of gallbladder stones so I don’t think your mom should be taking estrogen orally for the better opt in woman with gallbladder stone is having transdermal estrogen patch-that is how my mom is taking estrogen now and she is also taking 1000mg of omega-3 oil daily-this is actually the main part of her diet for avoiding those gallbladder attacks for this omega-3 oil effectively blocks formation of cholesterol in bile that is produced in liver and than goes to gall bladder and blocking cholesterol is very important in avoiding gallbladder attacks.