Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been having gallbladder issues lately, I am a 30yr old female. 1 gallbladder attack almost 2 months ago, lost 10 pounds in a week and a half,extreme pain etc. I am again having some issues. Upper abdominal pain right side, acid reflux etc. I cant sleep on my right side or stomach bic of the pain. Just wondering though could being under stress cause the gallbladder to act up? Thanks in advance:)

Hi FrogGirl79

Ouch, those gall bladder issues sound uncomfortable.

With stress, its more the fatty foods that we all tend to reach for when we're stressed that are the problem. When you eat fatty food your gall bladder squirts out some bile that it stored up just for this event. But if your gall bladder is full of stones, they can bank up around the exit duct and sometimes get stuck. A low fat or no-fat diet is sometimes prescribed for people with active gall stones.

It would be a really good idea to get checked out by your doctor to make sure you haven't got a gall stone lodged in the duct.

Hope this helps - let us know how you go.

Regards, Olwen :-)