A year and a half ago I became sick in Beijing. That's right... China o.O . At first I thought it was food poisoning seeing as how restraunt conditions are very poor there, but the problem never went away. I constantly have light pain and nausea just below the ribs in the upper abdominal area (the soft spot in the stomach where no one wants to get punched). At least once a day, that same area gets bloated or inflamed and the pain and nausea increase significantly. Though the stronger problems happen randomly at other times, I have been able to make a connection with this happening mostly after a bowel movement. Within a minute or two after a bowel movement, I begin feeling very nauseated, with pain, and bloating or inflamation. I can't really tell whether it is all pain or if it is nausea. They seem so similar, but this has never caused me to throw up. If you run your hand accross it, you can actually feel my bloated or inflamed stomach or whatever it is pushing out from my upper abdomen region right in the center just below the ribs. Basically, I am very sick and concerned about what this is :-( . This happens after most bowel movements, but not all of them.

I have had every test known to man including tests for parasites, bacteria, and major diseases. I've had 2 upper GI's, 1 colonoscapy, a CT scan on my abdomen, An ultrasound, and the doctors still haven't a clue. I have tried various diets. I tested positive and was treated for H-Pylori and C-diff (don't know the correct spelling of this bacteria). Last month I had my gallbladder removed and after all this, I still have the same problem.

I am really sick :'( . If you have ever had a problem like this or you think you may have an educated diagnosis as to what this is, then you could become my hero :-D .

So PLEASE take your best shot and diagnose me, and maybe I'll buy you a super suit ;-) .All kidding aside, anyone who has a thought :-| please share it. PLEASE don't just read this and move on if you think you might be able to help. I have about given up on doctors %-) though I will keep looking for one who can solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

That describes my symtoms to a T. They gave me an ultrasound, x-rays, 2 cat scans, upper and lower G.I. and I am ready to scream. The burning is horrible so when people suggest I just gained weight in the mid section upsets me no end. The pain is mostly when I sit and I can't believe they can't find out what I have. I am going to an OBGYN in a few weeks (I would sooner but he is on vacation of course). This all happened after a hysterectomy by the way. Which I know Ron did not have.

I am having similar problems for two months with at least one episode everyday. Am now being tested for Hyatic Hernia (pain increases when sitting bending releived after rest) and H.Pylori ( a parasite causing pain and cramps, duodenal ulcers etc).

Hi
went through similiar symptoms without ever leaving the state. But as a RN being treated for C-dif and for the other you should be better..... Have they ruled out collagenous colitis is different from the ulcerative>and or celiac disease. I ended up first diagnoise by biopsy to the colitis and then two years later similiar symptoms and found out about celiac disease.
the best book my primary care doctor gave me called Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall think spelling is right anyway can get it at amazon.com .not expensive and saved my life as how I was feeling. I followed the diet faithfully as prescribed and did get better.
Have been without any flare-ups until just recently so I will dig my book back out.

Good luck,
Pam

hey Ron i seem to have ALOT of the same symptoms as u...i am still looking for whats wrong with me tooo...gettig all these tests hoping they will find someting. The only thing u didn't mension if u have any pain in ur lower stomach any spasming or anything thats what i get as well...do u?
thanks Jami lyn

Hi Ron and all of you who have responded to Ron

I to have the same symptoms. My symptoms started april 2007. I have been to Europe as well. I don't think it has anything to do with that.. Diets are not helping either. So, I am wondering if this could have anything to do with meat. I opened a german restaurant 8 months ago and cooked a lot of meats including pork. I am now looking into the health risk of pork consumption. I have closed the restaurant because I am nausious daily.

At first I thought, it is the stress of the business. I don't think thats it. Always having been a size 2 or 4 I am now a 10. I buy size 10 cloths to help cover the stomach. I look 6 months pregnant. (I can't get pregnant)
possitive. I was thinking of making an apt with a Dr. at some point
After reading about all the tests involved, I think I'll keep researching. I would rather choose not be someones project and pay them for it.

Hi All,

I have been reading your posts and can't help up sympathize. I was in the Peace Corps 12 years ago and lived with dyssentary for the 2+ years that I was there. It seems that everytime I travel I pick up a bug-- not good. My Peace Corps time resulted in being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.

My experience with American doctors is that they generally don't know what they are doing, espcially in terms of GI problems, and especially those contracted overseas. Very few doctors have experience in tropical disease and very few GI specialists have the patience to heal the sick with non-drastic measures.

My advice is to pay the extra money to send a stool sample to the Great Smokies lab (somewhere in Kentucky?) They will help you, then take the results to a doctor you can trust. Also, work with a nutritionist to balance out (and expand on) the basic treatment of symptoms that U.S. doctors provide. For myself, I refused steroids and went on a very strict, low-fiber diet and felt better within two weeks.

Good luck!

I've had the same problem for sbout seven years. The first step is to go on a rigorous diet and see a hollistic doctor. Get tested for food allergies. I am allergic to anything made with cow's milk and other types of foods. Did you have a colonscopy with a biopsy? That made the whole difference. I was finally diagnosed with collagenous colitis. Once I had the diagnosis I was able to change my lifestyle and live more of a normal life.

i too have had these problems justy recently.
i though i was pregnant at first , because of the nausia , but i went ot my doctor and had a test ,and i'm not pregnant .....so now i get a little concerned....i am still feeling nausia to the point of almost vometing and my stomach is bloating to the point that i look 5 months pregnant.
i have IBS so i'm used to abdominal pain....but not this much bloating.

i'm getting really tired fo feeling sick all the time.
britt

I have been doing my own research for my daily pain and bloating. No doctor has ever been able to figure out what is going on and have run more than 15 test. I keep track of where I eat and my symptoms always occur after a meal at certain restaurants and hardly ever at home. I am concentrating now on MSG the ingredient found in most buffet foods, cafeterias, 95% of all restaurants use this to enhance flavor and to keep food looking and tasting fresh. There are many different names of MSG which I won't name but you can google and find out. It sounds crazy but MSG is the only ingredient in Accent found with the other spices in the grocery store. SOme people have horrible reactions to MSG. My father can take one bite of food contaminated with msg and swell up like a balloon and hurt for the next 24 hrs. Mine occurs about five minutes into a meal and can last for days. I sympathize with you all and hope that you all find a cure because I would never want anyone to go through all of this pain and never find out what's happening.

It seems like many of us have the same thing going on. I also have the upset stomach, plus my hair is falling out and I am bloated up under my ribs and above the belly button. The nurse told me to get to my family doctor right away. Well you know how it goes when I am feeling ok I just pass it off, and then I get so sick I can hardly lift my head and I want to go to the doctor, but of course it is late at night or a week-end. I am planning to make a appointment this week with a family doctor. :$
I think sometimes that it is being on so much medicine, oh yes and I also have a implanted pain pump, with Morphine and Bupivicane. which is for my condition of Interstitial Cystitis. It seems like it is always something. I worrry about cancer when I told the nurse that was filling my pump she said promise me you will go to the doctor, well that scared me and that was in January. I am still having the same sick feeling, so this week I must get it taken care of.
Take care and hope you are feeling better
God Bless

I have been having symptoms very similiar for a year now. I get abdominal bloating every day now. I feel full very quickly and if I overeat at all- I will look like I am ready to delivery any day. My stomach has grown as much as 8 inches from morning to afternoon after one light meal! I have had all GI tests and even pelvic sonogram because my symptoms match ovarian cancer symptoms too. Luckily, the original Ron wouldn't have to worry about that one.

My symptoms include: the severe bloating, the feeling of acid burning in my stomach, nausea, cramping, bowel cramping, constipation followed by diarhea, shooting pain in my pelvis and bladder discomfort and frequent urination. My stomach when bloating will sometimes make so much noise (with pain) that a whole room of people can hear it. If my stomach stays bloated and I eat on top of it I will vomit also just not all the time.

All of it is embarrasing and I wear a jacket at work to cover my stomach. I also belch like no woman should. Everything seems to trigger it but salads seem to be the absolute worse.

I've tried lots of meds and homeopathic also but no real relief. Going back to the drawing board and seeing a doctor this week because I just can't take this anymore. I need to know what is causing it.

5 years ago my Galbladder was removed I was having abdomanal pain so sever id almost pass out It would come and go I hate hospitals and Drs so I delt with it for about a month untill I was driving by the hosptial was having an episode and about passed out and wrecked.. they ran every test on me scopes and blood work nothing came back.. the Dr came in (and this is why Im not fond of Drs) say well we dont know what it is...so we are going to take your gal bladder the pain is near the region of the gal bladder and kind seems like symptoms of it not functioning properly.. so they removed it since then Ive had the same pain of and on almost everyday since... Im woke up multiple times a night with sever pain directly below the rib cage on the right side it hurts so bad the 1 Im woken up by it and 2 once awoken I almost pass out from the pain.... This happens almost everyday I say almost because there have been a few times maybe a total of 2 weeks in 5 years where I have no pain... During the day I get the pain when Im hungry it starts off as hunger pain then develops into extreme pain so much so a few times Ive almost went into shock.. Ive been to the Drs and they did testing scopes and dyes and blood work I even delt with the pian onw morning before a scope appointment thinkin if its hurting whatever it is is exposed so they can see it....they didnt see anything. Its a mystery pain that sometimes is embarassing exspecially during work because if I have an episode at work they wanna call an ambulance...but I refuse because it cost way to much money to be told they dont know what it is...the only thing that stops this pain and it sounds funny but it instantly stops the pain 98% of the time is.....MILK which leads many to believe that its an ulcer but the pain is on my rightside when my stomache is located towards the left... if its intestenal how does the milk stop the pain instantly? since the liquid should take a min to pass thru the stomache and enter the intestinal track..... I was woke up 12 times last night alone with the pain... I thought with the connection to hunger pains it was my stomache being empty and the milk is thick and vitam rich so it is enough to shut the hunger pains off for the first couple years with it I tried to make sure never to feel hungry.. Not by stuffing myself constantly but just by at any sign of hunger to eat immediatly and it would work for the most part but lately I maybe woke up once in the night with slight pain drink a lil milk and im fine i wake up in the morning and might not eat untill supper time with no pain....people say it could be stress... but thats some pretty painful stress when it hurts its worst I cant breath or move and am always on the verge of passing out...untill I drink milk wierd isnt it? when I work I have to have milk in a small cooler all the time for emergencies... Ive been afraid its cancer but Id assume any GI or stomache cancer Id be way dead from it already I dont know many people that live with those kinds of cancers untreated for years it would get worse or something... Sometimes like last night it does happen multiple times a night and throughout the day... but then goes back to the normal atleast once a night..
I have no blood in my stool my movements are normal no wieght loss or loss of appetite no nausea no fever or headachs just a mysterious abdomanel pain thats been on going for 5 years now.. so mysterious that the $40,000 spent on the Drs hunch wasnt the problem..

Check under IBS, seesm like it could be that. If you started using Anti-depresants since the pain started it is a good indication of the IBS

hi, is there any chance you might have IBS? stomach cramps, pain in left hand side of the stomach etc, or how about diverticulitis? as both of these cause the symptoms you are describing. 

your best bet is to keep a food diary or everything you are eating and also about your bowel movements (gross i know) but if you want to get to the bottom of this pain, would advise you to do this.

are you taking any medication? if so, this can cause  some of your symptoms.

regards