Hi does anyone know of health risks associated with swallowing blood because i recently had surgery to remove an extra valve on one of my teeth during surgery the helper wasnt on her A game so i swallowed quite a bit of blood an after the surgery i couldnt spit with the stitches so instead of drooling i swallowed the blood filled spit now my stomach hurts its all pushy (im 6'0 and 145 lbs. thats not how my stomach feels on a normal basis) my stomach fills like the gallon jug that contains the spoiled milk and u now how old blood has got an odor about it it tastes like that smells when i burp my surgery was wenesday morning and its now late friday night if anyone could help i would appreciate it greatly

Health Advisor
Except in rare circumstances, swallowing a bit of blood is not actually that bad for you. It can make you feel sick though. If you have swallowed greater amounts of blood, there is a possibility to vomit, have a sick stomach or have a bit darker stool aftrerwards. Swallowing blood rarely causes some more severe problems, but I think you should go check it out with your doctor if the bad feeling in your stomach is persistant. I believe your body will fight on its own and you should be fine in a day or two, just until you get rid of all of the swallowed blood by either passing the stool or vomiting. You just shouldn’t be scared much about it. If you still have some concerns about it, don’t miss a chance to go to your doctor.
I hope you will be fine soon.

I'm having the same issue after my wisdom tooth was pulled I kept burping it tasted sour like very sour at first I thorght it was the pain killers so I stopped it right away but a parent some people especially with sensitive guts (I suffer from ibs) can expiriance a bit of pain I was advised by my doctor the best thing is just to let it pass through ur system and a gentle laxitive (like those chocolate ones for kids) can be OK to speed up the process a bit
Was also advised to eat thick soups or things like mashed veggies as I would not need to chew it and it would help coat my gut in a protective layer

Had mine taken out monday at noon it wednesday evening im 22 same weight an height maybe a few lb heavier i had a hell of a time with the impacted wisdom tooth the other 2 wisdom teeth dont feel a thing. Im pretty sure i have a dry socket it swelled and hurts like a bitc* My dentist assistant didnt do that good of a job either im feeling pretty sick i take pain meds regulary they constipate me but it not the meds. Maybe ibuprofen for me but after reading others stories im 99.9% sure its the novacane blood and infection i swallowed hope ya feel better ima be in pain a while FTW dont smoke