I don't know when this post was written, but I have been experiencing shortness of breath for 3 months now, it started with a heat rush all over my body in the middle of the afternoon. I thought it was because I needed something to eat but even after eating I felt shaky & my heart was beating fast. I have since had a chest x-ray, ct scan & blood work, all came back fine. So my doctor put me on Prilosec for GERD, strangely I hadn't noticed heartburn during the day but had woken up in the middle of the night with it a few times. Anyway, I'm still having shortness of breath & I can only eat very small amounts & my stomach feels overly full & bloated. I feel the next step is to get an endoscopy because this inability to take a deep breath & yawning all the time is bring me down, it has also cause a significant amount of fatigue. If you have had succes with anything since your post will you please share? I felt like I could relate to a lot of what you have gone through & I need some encouragement. Thanks.

thats happening to me right now
omfg im scared

hi i have had stomach problems for years . but in the last 2 months they have got to the point were my stomach makes me feel like i need the toilet all the time . and when i go to sleep at night i wake up after ten minutes feeling like i cant breath , i also have been geting numbness down my legs and round the back of my ribs . i have been to the dotors and they say it is my I B S and panic . i have had blood tests done E C G , just had MRI scan . and in 2 days im having a colonoscopy , so when i get results back i will let you no

didnt you just state it was asthma ? & Lupus? so that would be whats wrong

I replied on this previously, but just in case it went unread, the really simple solution to late night issues resulting from a hiatal hernia are as follows: 1) No large meals or meals containing meat or acidic or spicy foods after 6PM. Even if you normally go to sleep at 2AM, your body's physiology is based on basic biological rhythms. So after 6PM stick to salad, fruits and possibly some non gluten cereals or oatmeal. 2) Elevate your bed. I have a couple of thick sturdy pillows under my side of the mattress and then use two normal pillows on top. Your head needs to be *just slightly* above your stomach and chest. If you sleep on too much of an angle your body will fight all night to get you to lay flat which will result in terrible sleep. 3) Exercise as frequently as possible. I work out 9 times a week. The best defense against a hiatal hernia is a flat stomach. I developed mine because I was sick for several years and put on weight during that time. Combine that with the likeliness of developing a hiatal hernia during a prolonged sickness, and you've got your result. So exercise, keep the fat off -- if you have any excess stomach weight you'll see an almost instantaneous change. 4) Eliminate all smoking and caffeine. That means tea, soda, et al. Coffee is a double whammy as the brewing process creates extreme acidity. And if you've got a hiatal hernia, chances are you have (or will develop) IBS. Switch to cold press decaf if you still want your morning cup of Joe. Just grind the beans the night before, put the grounds in with cold water and let them sit for 12 hours. In the morning just strain it, microwave 1/3 milk and 1/3 water, and then add 1/3 of the concentrate to the mug. Follow these steps and not only will you get a ton of relief and a good night's sleep, you may even eventually cure the hernia (depending on what caused it in the first place). If you're doing all of this and are at a good weight, you could look into getting the surgery. But make sure you've done everything in your power to allow your body to rectify the situation itself.

Your screen name caught my eye at 1st then after reading your post I found out I'm not alone. I weigh 104 so I'm not over weight and do not eat to the point of being uncomfortable but that's the feeling I get. I don't know if you actual have breathing issues but I have asthma plus complex sleep apnea. This is not normal in women my size. To the point I am sitting here after a breathing treatment trying to get a full breath. My throat feels like it's closing as if I am having an allergic reaction. I don't know how to rememdy this and don't want to call 911 AGAIN, I have called in the past sometimes 3 times in a year and feel like an id**t when they don't find a problem. I'm not crazy and I'm sure your symptoms are very real as well. I would ask about sleep apnea just based on your statement about waking feeling heat rushed. Nothing is as scary as not being able to breath no matter if it's low oxygen and panic attack the feeling of being suffocated. I would also get an allergy test due to your ENT issues. It has to get better for both of us but you must be your own DR until you find one that listens. I had DRs tell me I needed to work on my marriage and that I was suffering from depression when in fact I had ashtma and pnemonia and was admitted to the hosp for 5 days. I could have died, so DRs do make mistakes and we pay the ultimate price.

Most of you are exhibiting classic H. Pylori symptoms, that would be Heliocobacter Pylori which is a very small stomach bug that burires itself inside the stomach and lives there.  It causes these symptoms.  You have to change your diets right away, absolutely stay away from sugar as it is acidic and this bug loves and thrives in an acidic environment.

Also, get a very good probiotic supplement like garden of life primal defense and start taking it, but you have to leave the refined flour, wheat and sugar including soft drinks alone or you just simply won't heal.

Don't trust your doctors to help you because they are not only misinformed, but frankly, you, we, being sick is the reason they are in 'business' and don't BS yourselves, it is a business.  A very profitable one.

I feel compelled to help, as I spent YEARS suffering with many of these same symptoms and it is horrible and I truly feel compassion for anyone suffering and having no where to turn.

I wish you peace in your healing.  Trust in God and lean on him for answers, he is always there to protect us, for he truly is the great healer.

Toni

Hi all since 11 years i have severe gas problem and breathing problem during sleep and lot of pain in the bones . Doctor told me IBS because of this problem I used to get Flaturance and fatigue . Since 2 years I stopped eating little amount of food with no spicy food, no bozzing, no milk products, no coffee,no lentals and also told to avoid some vegetables like potato,Onion,Garlic and few leafy vegetables. But still I have the problem .... Pls anyone help me I lost my family and spent lot of money now I am literally broken. No friends, no relatives and no family..pls help me please help me

i am only 16 and im already suffering this type of sickness, ive been sick for almost 6 months now.

these are the symptoms i have:dizziness, shortness of breathing, nervous, chest pain, constipation, headaches ect.

the doctor thinks i had a heart problem and when i had ECG the result is normal, i had an Xray and the result is also normal. the doctors cannot find any problems with me. i couldnt eat properly cause it feels like theres gasses in my throat. i have to drink water everytime i swallow to get it down. i kept on burping and farting, i could hear and feel the gasses on my stomach. and when i cant burp, then i couldnt breath. i get numb all the time and feel like fainting. and i am really pail. what i do to over calm is that i stay calm when it attack then i get my aunty to massage my body, and also ginger tea helps. :)

hi maria please do not drink water before 1 hour of your breakfast/lunch/supper and 1 and half an hour after breakfast/lunch/supper really if you are in need then drink just 2 sips of water . If you drink water soon after breakfast/lunch/dinner it is going to create gas in the stomach and after your food please sit on your knees 5 - 10 mins if you dont have any knee pains this remove the gases from your stomach. Do you know muslims the position how they do their prayer do it the same way . Trust me you get pretty relief . Do not eat potato ,onion, pepper,spice,curd(butter milk better),coffee,ice creams also .Please reduce the quantity of food you take sorry to say this. Drink more water rather than coke,pepsi like that.God bless you child.

I have been short of breath for 4 months I've been to doctors a number of times and er 2 times.... I've had ekgs chest X-ray cuts can with contrast of lungs heart ultrasound pulmonary function tests and all comes back normal I also have a pain under my right rib I kept telling doctors something is wrong and I've had h pylori before so they did blood test n stool sample and say I no longer have it they kept telling me all this is my anxiety I demanded a ultrasound under my rib and I have gallstones. I still am short of death and still think I have h pylori but she will not give me mess for it :( help

I also experience the same like many of you.  Just yesterday, I was sat quite happily at work and then all of a sudden felt I couldn't catch my breath.  Luckily it was time to go home.  I got in the car and felt it becoming worse, I had a lot of saliva in my mouth which I couldn't swallow so luckily had an empty water container to put it in.  I got home and felt the need to use the toilet.  I felt faint, I had pains in my stomach on the left side and my heart was racing out of my body.  After about 10mins I felt better but was very shaky.

My doctor previously said I had Asthma, I have had ECG's blood tests etc, but all inconclusive.  I believe I have a hernia I do try to take an chewable antacid tablet, which work to an extent, but then it all seems to build up and I get an attack like yesterday.  Yes in the past I have had the Ambulance out, as I thought I was having a heart-attack. 

It is a scary situation.  I know I cannot eat Red Peppers as that makes me real bad.  I cannot even eat big meals I eat maybe a kiddie portion of dinner and even that is hard to get down, I also feel the need to drink after a meal (only water) I don't drink alcohol.  I feel full most of the time.  I do snack throughout the day as that is the only was I can eat.  My husband things I am mad

Maybe it is a dietry thing, but I love all the foods that are bad for me; how can I get out of this viscious circle.  I am a female early 40's and 5'7 and weigh only 8st so not exactly overweight - if anything I am underweight for my height.

Any advice would be appreciated.  But I am glad I am not alone.

The best way to determine if you pylori is gone is through a actual endoscopy. My mom was told that her h pylori problem was cleared but in fact it had not. She repeated a endoscopy and it showed that it was still present even though stool tests showed it was clear.

unfortunately this hiatal hernia is a pain in the neck. been suffering the same and no exact medication really help we really have to try and find the exact med that would work for us there's no particular that could work on both person having the same symptoms you really should be very watchful with what you eat and what you drink. actually i'm having the attacks as i write you this message. i know how you feel and it's not that easy trust me i'm having a hard time with this too. I'l include you in my prayers God bless

everyone this is the most possible and workable method we can try this post said it all right, it works for me too thanks to you