Okay, a few days back, maybe a week, my room was extremely cold, and I remember that it was, over a few days, getting progressively harder and harder to swallow. It's a strange kind of sickness. I thought it was mono, but that means that I got it from somebody at Starbucks who prepared my drink or something, because I haven't kissed anyone or share drinks/fluids with people at all in ages. It's almost like my chest and throat are slightly swollen, and in order to comfortably swallow, I have to drink hot coffee.

Does anyone know what this might be? Any information is greatly appreciated.

:-( Did you find out what you had. I have exactly the same symptoms and have been on two different antibiotics that did not help. What did your doctor diagnose you with?

morning sickness guys get it too not just pregnant woman and from the cold ur gettin sick and have that flem in ur throat u may have a dusty bedroom combined with the cold temperature. hot coffee breaks up that flem that y u feel better, what to do if ur using a fan make sure there no built up dust on it so clean it. get a room air filter cleaner and keep ur room at room temperature.