My daughter is 13 years old and the past week she has been real tired and says her throat is sore and that her chest burns. She seems to be eating about the same but she is very slim and never had what I would call a good healthy appetite so I can't really tell how sore her throat is. She has been getting up and going to school every morning but usually calls to come home after a few hours. She has no fever or vomiting Please help if you can.

I'm 12 years old almost 13 and i have been tired not really thirsty because it hurts to drink. eating fine. below normal fever Big red spots behind my throat my throat is also red. ! ! Can anyone help me find out what it is!! I have been extremly tired 2!!!!!!

This is freaky. I'm also 13. I have a sore throat, no fever, and I'm so tired.

You probably have Mono (mononucleosis). See the doctor.

This is happening to me too (and my parents think I am faking which I am not) I have a VERY sore throat(to the point where I gave up talking because if hurts so much) and my parents think its not real because I have no fever. Also, I dont think it is mono because when my brother had mono, he had a fever....
I think it might be Laryngitis or Strep....except Strep causes fever so im no so sure about that

yeah im 13 . i have a sore throat like so bad to where i fight tears when i swallow . i dont think i have a fever, im a little tired, but theres something else and i dont know what it is but it's making me feel horrrrible. it may just be the general sick feeling where your body kinda hurts. im confused ?

people JUST BECAUSE you have strep throat DOESN'T mean your gonna have a temp. BELIEVE me I'm 13 AND have had strep throat SOOO much i've had it so bad and i get it SOOOO BAD :( BUT usally u have a low TEMP about 99.0 ir lower U DONT ALWAYS HAVE A temp. BCUZ my nurs at skool even told me usally u have a low temp. :x :x :x :P -HAHAHA

color=3#FF0000 i am 13 yrs. old for the past 2 or 3 weeks i have been soooooooo tired and go to bed by like 930 p.m and usally i go to bed at like 1100 or later WHEN i touch my chest it feels like sum1 is stabbing me i have a sore throat takikng med. not RLY helping...... had a tmp. of 101.8 dizzy*LIght headed??????????

Those symptoms sound very worrisome. I would definitely see the doctor about it. It sounds like it could be mono, but then it could also be something else since I can't actually see her so it's best to send her to the doctor straight away. Even if it's mono, they may not have any treatment for it but they can at least help alleviate symptoms for you. Please let us know what her diagnosis turns out to be!

look up symptoms for walking pneumonia, it's very common in children and teens.

I'm 14, I have a stomach ache, headache, and my eyes feel like somone is trying to poke them out!! i just woke up this morning with a really sore throat. I'm also vomiting, and I can't seem to keep anything down.. even water. I tryed gurgling salt water like my mom told me, it helped for about 5 mins, then it got worse. I feel like I should have a fever. But I don't.. I felt fine yesterday.. Anyone have a clue what i got, cause I don't! please help! :-(

OMG , i have a sore throat ..but where my colar bone is ..when i eat , even though i may be eating a tiny bite of a toast , when i swallow it feels like im swallowing a big ball of it ..WHATS WRONG WITH MEEEE ?

omg!!!! I'm 13 too!!! I have a sore throat too!!!! I don't have a fever either!!!! I think all the 13 year olds in the world are gonna keel over from a sore throat without a fever!!! It's an epidemic people!!!

I'm thirteen and feel the same way. I'm also cranky and tired and people think im getting mean and im normally not. someone help all my doctors say if theres no fever than i just have a cold

I am 57 and I have had a sore throat for about 2 months with burning in my chest and other family members also complain about the sore throat. I think something must be in the air.