Hiya,

I consider myself in pretty good shape, but I've only been running/jogging for the last 2-3 years. About two weeks ago I started feeling pain in the outside of my left foot, near the arches (metatarsels, maybe?). It's not sharp pain, but when I'm on my feet all day it can get annoying.

I run only 14 miles a week, with some basketball/swimming to complement.

I'm wearing Saucony Grid Aura TR, purchased about three months ago. There is no extreme wear on either side (which someone told me was a sign of pronating).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No clue on the pain but I believe this is more neutral that pronating.

Does the pain run down the outside of the ankle or is it localized? It could be that your Peroneus Brevis. If you feel along the edge of your 5th metatarsel, there is a little knob or bump that is where your Peroneus Brevis attaches, is that where the pain is?

Here is a chart that explains shoe wear patterns

Thanks for the help! Fortunately, I started stretching my calves and running on softer surfaces, and the foot feels great. I am planning on switching running shoes in the spring, so I suppose getting an analysis would be a good idea.

One last thing: Does anyone know of a good ankle exercise?

Thanks again! :D