I run about two miles a day an am in the market for a new pair of shoes. I do most of my running on the treadmill. When I run I tend to plant on the outside of my foot rather than flat footed, are there any reccomendationts for a shoe that would be aid with the way I run? Thanks for any help.
Cheese

:wavey:

alot of runners hit the outside of their shoe, mine are all worn that way. i buy neutral shoes with lots of cushion, never buy motion control as those are designed for people who hit on the "inside" of their shoe, (more to the ball of their foot)

it wouldn't hurt to go to a good running store and see if someone there can help you pick a shoe that is right for your foot/gait.

This is the best answer you'll find. Going to a specialty store and having the experts help you figure out the best shoe for you is the way to go. You'll likely try a few different shoes in a particular category.

If you wear the outside edge of your shoe more quickly you're a supinator (aka underpronator) - and there are definitely shoes that can help. There are also orthotics/insoles you can look into.

If at all possible, try a specialty running store where they can shoe you shoes and see what feels good to you.