I am 13 and I am so stressed about calories. I am afraid that if I eat too much in one day I will gain weight. I am 5'1 and I weigh about 90-92 pounds, sometimes in the morning if I'm lucky 89 pounds. I recently lost about 6 pounds, I used to weigh 96, than 94, and I told myself once I got to 92 pounds I would stop counting calories, and now I'm there, and I still stress. I always feel fat. I can practically see my hip bones, and I can see a few of my ribs at the top, and my legs are really skinny. But when I look down, I see a big belly. Gosh I look like a pot belly pig I say to myself and than I cry. Everybody says I am too skinny and I need to gain weight, but I feel differently. I'm not anorexic, although I think I'm not. I eat about 800-1200 calories a day and if I go a little over I freak out. I' afraid to eat out, and if i do, i always research the restaurant's calorie menu. My stomach is mostly flat at the top, than right below my belly button it sticks out a little. Maybe this is normal, of maybe I'm just hallucinating things, idk, but please tell me! I really want abs, I do 100 crunches or more a day and sit-ups and other stomach exercises and dance is my cardio workout. I dance 4 to 5 days a week, so because I dance, i feel pressured to stay skinny. I miss the days when I never worried about what I weighed or how I looked, and I loved having the occasional milkshake or cheeseburger, but I'm afraid now I'd just gain weight. I just really want to get rid of my belly, if i actually have one, because I'm tired of hating myself and counting calories all the time, i just want to live and be free, but until i get rid of that little "pooch", that won't happen. Can somebody please help me?

I was exactly the same as you... still am basically. I'm 18 and I weigh 98 pounds... people tell me I'm skinny but I don't see it. After you've eaten, your stomach does get bigger but this is supposed to happen, seeing as it's got food in it! That's just bloating, and it WILL go down again - it's not the same as "putting on weight." Sure, if you weigh yourself straight after eating you could weigh up to 7 pounds more, but it will decrease again as your body absorbs the nutrients and breaks down the food. 

Also, I'm presuming you're a girl. Have your menstrual cycles started (periods)? Girls often get very bloated before and during their period due to water retention, which is basically when your stomach holds more water than it usually would. Your weight also goes up and down a LOT during the day, depending on all kinds of factors - how much you've drunk, how full your bladder and bowels are, and the time of the month it is! Weighing yourself can be very misleading due to this, so it's important to note that weight isn't always related to whether you've put on fat.

Your body is also still developing at 13, and if your stomach didn't stick out a little, where would your insides go?! You've got all sorts of organs in there that your body needs to accommodate, much more than males do, for example ovaries and a womb! Hence why males often appear slimmer in that area! I'm afraid as you get older, your stomach will start to get a little bigger, but it's important not to obsess over it, you're still gorgeous! You shouldn't let it affect who you are, it's probably more noticeable to you because you've latched onto it - I bet no one else even notices, or if they did, I bet you they don't even care or mind! They're too busy worrying about their own appearance :P it's like when you notice a spot and it appears HUGE to you, but no one else even notices it until you point it out! So don't worry :D

Also, your dancing will ensure that you keep trim, so you needed even worry about your diet excessively. Cheeseburgers, milkshakes, even chocolate DO NOT make you fat, it's just that they have a lot more calories than some other foods, and so it's more difficult to burn them off! You still can though; especially seeing as you dance, it will be easier than it it for some other people. It's people who CONSTANTLY eat these foods, and DON'T manage to burn off the calories that might put on weight, and even then only after a long time of the same repeated diet.

Regardless of your age or the fact that you are eating 800-1200 calories a day, you sound like you are well on your way to anorexia and have a serious body image issue. There is actually a real disorder where perfectly skinny people look in the mirror and see things that aren't really there, such as "pot belly". I too am 5'1" and for your height you are definitely underweight. Normal for our height is 100-127 lbs. Also, because you are 13, your body is still growing so a normal average calorie intake for someone your age should be about 2200 calories a day. But since you do all these exercise routines your body would need even more just provide nourishment for your growing body. By eating so few calories and excessively working out, you are doing your body more harm than good & it could cause serious consequences, even death. Long term effects of being malnourished include stunted growth(you will stay short), osteoporosis(weak, brittle bones that break easily and will eventually cause your back to hunch), and sooner rather than later you could lose so much weight that your heart muscle starts to deteriorate and you could die from a heart attack or stroke. It sounds as if no logical explanation can help you though. You really seem like someone who has deeper issues and should really be seeing someone who can help you work through them and perhaps give you some medication to help with your stress of always feeling fat. You are still young so I hope that you will talk to someone and get help before this becomes even more of a problem. Best of luck to you.