I'm 13 and 5'1 1/2 and I weigh about 82 pounds. At the beginning of this year I weighed 95. I felt fat so I stated a diet. Just eating a little less. I said I would stop at 92 pounds, than 87, but now I'm fine with my weight, but I keep losing it! I've been trying to follow a meal plan given to me by my dietitian to get up to about 1300-1500 calories a day, which was a huge stretch from my usual 800, but sometimes I still can't get up to 1000. Whenever I do eat over 1000 calories, I stress out and feel fat, even though I know I really need more. My dietitian said I need to get to 2,200 calories a day because I dance 4 times a week, but that is so much! My mom is threatening to send me to an eating disorder center somewhere out of state, and I'm really scared, I don't want to leave my wonderful life and family, and I don't want them to have to spend a huge amount of money for me to get better. I know I need to eat more, but I'm afraid I will get fat and be made fun of, and since I'm a dancer, I feel pressured to stay skinny. I really want to prove to my mom that I can get through this, but how? Every time I eat a little more, like mini meals 6 times a day, but a little more calories, I loose weight! I don't know what to do and I can't even sleep anymore because of this. I just want to enjoy my life and be a normal kid, and I hate wasting my childhood thinking and worrying about eating, because I know how precious childhood is and it should not be wasted, but I can't get food and calories out of my head. Can someone please help me so I don't have to go to a center?
P.S. I am currently talking to a therapist. 

My heart goes out to you Danceislife13, but right now...honestly i think you should cut down on the dancing. I know you love it and it's your life and dream, but 4 times a day is really just to much..especially if you are having a weight-loss problem. Now i don't want you to think that 82lbs is ALOT because really it isn't. You are a little underweight and you should try other solutions besides just gaining all the weight back up by eatting. YOU HAVE to stick to the number of calories you're doctors tell you to, okay? It's for your own good. It's always hard to get our moms to understand us in out time of need, but don't let it ruin your relationship with her. Talk to her and tell her everything ASAP! I wish you lots of love, hun...

Goodluck & Godbless<3

OMG you are fat, continue lose weight! keep losing until you weigh about 60 i think, i am also going down to 60, and i am higher than you.

I am:

13 years.

5,4 feet.

69 pounds.

Waist:17,7

don't do like above,our body average usage calories1500-2000 calories,required protein 50 -70 grams per day, in my suggestion u have to use nutritional products is the best way ,no side effects, monthly we have to weght loss 4to 5 kgs,
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use