I am 13 years old, and the last I checked, 150 pounds. Being thicker than most girls in my school not only makes me a target for rude looks, but it also puts my self confidence low. I just have a bit of a stomache, and some extra fat on my lower back, that I really want to rid of.

Could anybody give me any ideas? :\

Well, how is your diet for one thing? It's easy to pick out most of the obvious fattening foods...try to minimize them in your diet. And just try to get more exercise etc. For you being 13...I'd say don't sweat it. I was overweight around 13 & 14, had no breasts whatsoever, etc. When I reached 15 it was like I grew taller, dropped alot of weight and I finally got boobs. lol Your only young...just try a bit more exercise in your day and eating healthy foods.

Yoga. Pilates. REALLY works on that patch of fat under the belly button, and seeriously works the back muscles and thighs. Trust me, it kicks ass. Plus, start counting calories.

Count the calories you take in one day, a normal day.

Cut 500 out of that number.

Limit yourself to THAT NUMBER.

That'll help you lose one pound in one week.

I cut out 1,500 calories from my diet.. holy sh*t. lol That's all I can say. Hard as f**k. I ate saltine crackers and coke zero every day and that was it. I also kept an "ana-mia" journal, it's a journal that anorexic girls and guys keep. I wasn't anorexic, but the calorie journal helped. I also kept rants and raves in it. And pictures of skinny people.. called "thinspiration"

Just motivate yourself and you can do it.

Did you really?? That just gives me... so much hope. I am 5'6" and weigh 160 pounds. I have a fair amount of poodge on my stomach that I have been trying and TRYING to get rid of. And yet barebly any breasts... it is very frustrating and I have been trying to cut my calories so bad. I think I am going to take some advice from whatchamahunh too; pilates and yoga sound good for the belly poodge; any ideas for the love handles though? Those I HATE. And I collect fat in my upper back too.... any tips on trying to get rid of that? I have never heard of a way to tone your back yet... :[

The teen years are really tough - especially when it comes to body image and who develops first, better, faster. All that aside, if you go to the website *** there is a series of exercises there are are unlike any others. Although the developer of the program, Teresa Tapp, has several videos out and a book (which is excellent), there are also a number of exercises that are shown on the site itself that may help you, especially in burning back fat. I believe these are some of the best exercises available for any number of reasons and should help.

Most of all, be patient with yourself on your journey to womanhood. Best of luck to you.

**edited by moderator **

whatchamahunh wrote:

Slyper wrote:

Could anybody give me any ideas? :\

Cut 500 out of that number.

Limit yourself to THAT NUMBER.

I cut out 1,500 calories from my diet.. holy sh*t. lol That's all I can say. Hard as f***. I ate saltine crackers and coke zero every day and that was it. I also kept an "ana-mia" journal, it's a journal that anorexic girls and guys keep. I wasn't anorexic, but the calorie journal helped. I also kept rants and raves in it. And pictures of skinny people.. called "thinspiration"

What you say is intresting..I am 17 and weigh about 300 or so :( yes I know I am most huge..but i've tried alot of dieting and exercise and it hasn't helped me..but hmmm i'll try this and see if I get any results :)

I am 15 years old, apparetly I weigh 182 pounds (13stone) Im not really really fat but i do have alot of belly. My worst thing is trying to get rid of it, its really hard can anyone help? my main problem is my breasts as when I attempt exersise they Do get in the way and it is not good for me

A little brisk walking and drinking honey and lemon juice in luke warm water is very help full. Honey and lemon juice taken daily helps to increase the metabolic rate and prevent accumulation of fat.

i'm 15ish, and im 138 pounds. i feel horrible, because all my friends are nearly anorexic. also, i eat all healthy foods, but i just dont have time to exercise anymore. at the same time, my sister in middle school eats all unhealthy foods, barely exercises, and is still skinny. help? :'(

:'( i know how you fell... i'm 15 and weigh 330

It's good that even at such a young age, you want to be physically healthy. Good health should start at a young age:) Don't skip breakfast and control the portion of your meals. Also, don't forget to eat healthy food and consider going into sports. Joining any type of sporting activity can really help boost confidence;)

Join active sports and minimize eating junk food. Also, slowly cut back on the portions of your meals.