i was at the gym working out, i was doing leg lifts. Afterwords the lower right side of my abdomen hurt, it went away shortly but if i try to workout my abs it hurts really bad, and if i stretch out my abs it hurts as well. if i try to work them out the pain is to much for me to do any kind of ab workouts, it also hurts when i stretch them out. i don't think i gave my self a hernia because there is no lump or discoloration there. i think i may have pulled it or something if that is even possible, if not then i have no idea what its from.

Hi pwruser. It is possible that you have pulled abdominal muscle and that is an injury to one of the muscles of the abdominal wall. You should stop pressuring your abs because if you feel pain your body is sending you a message that something is wrong. Instead you should allow your muscles to cool down and allow the inflammation to withdraw so avoid exercise of any kind. Process of healing your muscles is important not just because this injury is preventing you in working out but because it is causing you pain. The only activity you should engage is gentle stretching but if you feel pain while doing this you should stop the very same second. And before you start with stretching you should heat the muscles and after you finish put some ice on it but not for too long. If you still feel pain after few days than you should contact your doctor. And to prevent this injury to happen again in the future please be careful when working out, stretching before every exercise is essential.