I can’t decide between sunglasses and sun lenses for my training. I’m very sensitive to light and my eyes become red and watery whenever I get out, even in the cloudy weather, so I always have to wear sunglasses. The problem is that I think that sunglasses are maybe inappropriate for running, so I’m thinking about getting a prescription for sun lenses. What do you think?

I don’t like lenses at all. They usually irritate my eyes and I can’t imagine having to run with them. Besides, I don’t know whether they can offer a complete UV protection of the whole eye. I have a pair of Adidas sports sunglasses with prescription lenses and they’re great. They’re light and don’t make than blister on the nose. They’re also very stable and I never have the feeling that they’ll fall off, so I’m more for the sunglasses option. What happens when you run in the windy weather and dust falls in your eyes? I think that’s a reason more to choose sunglasses because they protect the whole aree of the eye, as well as around it from the sun, wind and dust.