? I have been addicted to opiates for 13yrs and my wife is currently detoxing from suboxone!I have yet to find someone that has been on methadone or serious opiates that has quit taking them and stayed clean. I currently take 30mgs methadone,down from all sorts of different approachs and drugs.I was content taking a low dose for the rest of my life,but at 35 it has been 10yrs now and I am sick of it.My wife got into opiates after meth thinking I am getting something out of methadone.Misery is what she got.She was abusing xanax with methadone-common-heading for death.I tried to explain the state I was in 5yr ago when I tried to quit.You know, the average sickness and lack of sleep,then week three thinking God is talking and giving orders through my thoughts.Pulse at about 145,still not anything but diarria at wk 4 and 5.Finally I had a little control,sleep,and reality at 6wks.I was fed up and went back to methadone.The people I talked to told me 5mgs was not low enough, go slow to 1 at 1mg at time per wk,and still it could be a year before normal. I am very glad I did not go to jail or die in the insane time I was fulfilling "gods wishes" or what I consider one of the worst times of my life.As family believes two wks of sick then it is in your head,I have to say one friend went one year and died in TJ of herion,and another off methadone went to salt lake and herion OD.So I thought suboxone would be expensive,but my wife is only two years in so give it a try.Now at 1andahalf wk she is sick.Just as much, if not more,off 2mgs suboxone for 1yr.I would suggest anyone wanting off opiates better have someone that can take care of you and can keep you from doing something stupid.For a month or so,and since you need sleep it may take a few people.If there is someone that can give me some good advice I am ready to listen.I do wonder if rapid detox just gets the sick two weeks done in a day of sleep,then leaves you trying to figure out what to do sober since you our a different person on any drug .Even quiting a 20 year pot habit I would have to say that I am less angry and much more motivated.I know that people don't agree on pot because I was a firm believer in it until I had my child.Also,I am excessive which is what it all boils down to with most addicted people.

Hi there, get into a twelve step recovery program and build a foundation and support group before you try to just walk away with no particular plan.  You have every right to be in Narcotics Anonymous, even if you are NOT staying clean with any consistency yet....that will come eventually.

You may meet some creeps that give you sh*t because you're not completely abstinate, but that's what THEY are is creeps.  There will be plenty of people who are more mature that will be willing to help you get to the other side.

The only requirement for membership in NA is a DESIRE to get/stay clean....remember that if your'e feeling that you don't belong.  Meanwhile, where else DO you belong.

Im currently trying to get off Suboxone.  I would definately wind up blatantly using again if I didn't have the support built into my life.   Take the time it takes to do that.   Everyong is different.   Good Luck

i have a friend that tried a product called puridone check it out it costs about 800.00 but it wrks check out the website. remember puridone

You can't come off 2mg suboxone u gotta go down 25 percent every 4 days till u get to a point where u can start to put more than a day in between doses. I'm talkin about .25 mg of suboxone that's a tiny piece of an 8mg sublingual.