I have been on suboxone/subutex  8mg for 3&1/2 years now,I can't seem to get off it and it's giving me the worst anxiety attacks I've ever had,they come like clockwork exactly 2hrs after I dose,I have 3 kids one of which is 4 months old so I can not afford to be sick for weeks,Does anyone know what I can do to get off these with the least amount of withdrawl.I can't take it anymore and I don't know what to do. My doctor of course won't listen to me the first time I tried saying anything he said "you just want to have problems,It's all in your head!" nice dr. right. any suggestions? Please I'm on the last straw here I have like no life anymore and it sucks.

Have you tired to wean yourself off? Did you start on Sub's or was it to get off something else? Why are you taking them? I just ask this so I can help, as I have no idea where you are at. Josh

I was taking vicodin and percocets for pinched nerve and fibromyagia,then I lost my insurance went to detox and they put me on suboxone,started at 8mg was supposed to be done in 3months but didn't happen doctor brought me up to 20mg, brought myself back down to 8mg now I'm at 4mg,everytime I drop even a little bit I get sick and it seems to be giving me really bad anxiety attacks,I've never had them this bad before

Man O' Man 20mgs. That's a sad Dr. How long did it take you to get to 4 mgs. And did you feel ok when you where at 8mgs? I have heard a lot of different thoughts on how to come off. Some talk about going back on your Drug of choice, but that's a long road, mainly because you have to have all the Subs out of your system. Honestly my best advice is to call around to rehab places and tell them that you are indigent and need to get off of the Subs.....I still can't get over someone giving you 20mgs of Subs....You might be presently surprise to find that you can find help for free. It happened to me. But you have to start calling around. Hope this helps? Josh

Hey ang2012,

My advice would be to call another doctor or psychiatrist in your area that deals with Suboxone & ask him/her about the weening process? I am currently seeing a psychiatrist who deals with Suboxone & he is a great source, we talk about whatever I need to & we are doing a very gradual weening process. You should see a doctor who cares. I don't know your situation so I can't say that your doctor is an id**t for putting you on 20mg of Subs, I've read stories where people are up to 32mg a day of Suboxone. So, maybe your situation called for that? I mean, people are quick to say that doctors don't care, & some of them really don't, but some know what they are doing. I hope you are doing okay, update me on how you are & I will be happy to help. Keeping you in my thoughts <3

Sorry I didn't even realize I got an answer back but I can't really go into a rehab because of my kids there would be no one to take care of them.I'm gonna try and find maybe an outpatient one or a different sub doctor that's actually willing to help me this guy doesn't wanna hear one word about anything it's all about the money obviously,either that or maybe I should just start over but that doesn't really seem like a good idea,How long did you withdrawal for when you got off?

Thanks I think I'm gonna try finding a different doctor,this guy won't even let me get a word in then tells me "I just want to have problems" I wasn't really on that high of a dose of painkillers and they just keep trying to up it telling me it helps with anxiety and pain which is obviously not true they seem to just be prolonging it.