Hi there iv been a slave to opiat's such as subutex,methadone,heroin, for nearly 10yrs i have forgot the person i used to be and i know these drugs have had a massive effect on my personality,sence of humour and everything my feelings are numb i want to be the girl i was.I have managed to hold down a full time job raise a family etc while on methadone,iv now come to a stage in my life where i need to get off it.Im going into rehab after 2 failed community detox's,subutex heroin.Iv been clean of heroin for 4 years and before that 6 yrs while on the subs.I Just want some advice on what to exspect how long its going to last what i can do for myself etc.I know im going to be poorly.Also has any body come off methadone using britlofex.Any advice will be much appreciated i will also write on here when im comeing off it thankyou for reading and excuse the spelling

I, too, have been a slave to opiates for many years. The only way I was able to get off the pills, was to admit myself into a detox center. I could NOT do it by myself. I was able to STAY off of opitates with suboxone, but now I have another addiction with which the withdrawals are just as wicked. I have been told by experts, and I don't mean doctors who have never experienced anything of this sort, but other addicts, that it takes a good 6 months before you finally start feeling normal enough to start doing all those things you used to do. Personally, I have not felt the same since. I lack motivation, energy, and it seems as though my body is always aching. Alot of people are saying that orgasim helps, reason being, it releases endorphines in the brain. Laugh alot, (not kidding) that also releases the same endorphines. I would like to get off the suboxone and be totally drug free. The ONLY way to safely come off suboxone without feeling any discomfort,  is to wean yourself off by quarters. Meaning, every month, drop a quarter of your daily dose till your down to nothing. There is an advertisement for an herbal remedy called Withdrawal Ease, don't bother, it doesn't help at all except the part that you take at night to help you sleep. The herb vilarian knocked me out. Anihistimines help with the restless legs, and also Vitamin B12. Hope this helped alittle....