So over a year ago I switched myself from heroin to suboxone. No prescription, no insurance, just bought them where and when I could. I have been on suboxone since and earlier this year found out I was pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and it has not been easy. I know subutex is the preferred treatment when expecting and I've let my doctors know from the beginning my history and about my suboxone use but still now that I'm 19 weeks have no actual prescription or doctor monitering me. I seen a specialist yesterday who would prescribe me subutex and watch over baby but he was very rude and I wasn't comfortable with his program. It involves cps, weekly visits (it's a long drive), weekly na meetings, and not at all a supportive or comfortable environment. I'm just another failure in their eyes which I get but I don't need the attitude from my doctors along with everyone else. I was just wondering what the standard procedure was with this type of thing and if my doctor was the only one that was such a penis. I feel like I've heard so many success stories and seen so many people do this but I'm getting this awful experience that makes me want to never see a doctor again. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm sorry i didn't see this sooner but you need a new doctor girl! They aren't all like that,i absolutely lOve my suboxzone doctor he's awesome! That doctor is the exact opposite of how they are supposed to be treating people on this program.. Just keep looking for a good suboxzone doctor they're out there and they will be proUd of you for making that choice on your own!