I am 31 weeks and have been snorting subutex for about a year now. Intially it was half an 8mg twice a month, however the last two months its been an 8mg a week. I am not prescribed but am really worried that my baby will come out clucking and that social workers will take my baby from me. I used to smoke b but have no interest in that anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I know i have messed up big time and i feel so selfish since my baby relied on me and i have been poisoning it. I just need to know whether it will be detectable in my baby and the chances of getting tested for it. My scans and everything were fine but midwifes have shown concern over the size of my belly saying it is too small. I am going to quit, totally no more it is the bain of my life. Plz help me

I was prescribed Subutex while I was pregnant.  I had my baby on Dec 27, 2012 and she was born absolutely fine, no withdraws and perfectly healthy.  My dosage was and still is 16mg per day.  If you are only taking about 8mg per week and not doing anything else, then your baby should be fine.  Your biggest concern though would be if you go into labor and for any reason they drug test you at the hospital and you have Subutex in your system without a prescription, someone may very well notify child protective services. After all, Subutex is a heavily controlled medication and only advised during pregnancy under close supervision of a doctor.  And yes, it is detectable in a baby.  I am also almost positive all hospitals drug test mothers when they deliver a baby.  I suggest you try to get into a program and work with a doctor that can prescribe you Subutex like ASAP.  Quitting anything that can cause youth go into withdraw (i.e. Subutex) this far along in pregnancy can cause you to go into premature labor.  It is also good to let your OB and the hospital staff know that you take Subutex because they will be better prepared when baby arrives god forbid anything is wrong with him/her.  As soon as my daughter was born she was examined by a specialist and they were prepared to take her immediately to the NICU in case anything was wrong.  As far as you having the habit of snorting it, there are much worse ways and things you could be doing and whats done is done.  The sooner you stop taking it that way the better and really is all that matters.  Best of luck to you!

Curious to know your outcome! I'm 20 weeks & on subutex w/ so many worries. Thanks

I'm 29 weeks pg and prescribed 3-8s a day, I only take 8mg a day sometimes 4mg, I've talked to my obgyn about lowering and she couldn't stress enough for me to not lower myself to much to where my sobriety is in danger, she said she sees all too often mother's to be think it's best when in reality is causes relapses. Anyone using SUBOXONE while pg should most definitely switch to SUBUTEX and be under medical supervision. I can not stress enough the damage Suboxone can cause to an unborn. I know this road hasn't been easy for me especially thinking I was doing the best thing for my baby girl then to find out she can withdrawal from the Subutex really set me into a lil depression, but in the end I know taking it is much more safer than me using so I'll stay at 4-8mg and be the best mommy I can