Can somebody explain me what ventricular fibrillation is and could sudden death be related to ventricular fibrillation. It is about my dad who suffered from hypertension for years and I was there when he has this heart attack or at least I thought it was heart attack related and it turned out that we were too late for he died before we reached the hospital and the reason of his sudden death is related to ventricular fibrillation so I am curious now is this the same thing as heart attack? Thanks!

No, those are not the same kind of attacks for if it was about heart attack you would probably make it on time but when it comes to ventricular fibrillation than the chances for surviving are significantly reduced for in this condition heart starts beating uncontrolled first and very unsynchronized but soon after it starts pumping little or no blood at all and basically it is about minutes so it is very possible having sudden attack related to ventricular fibrillation.