I am allergic to PABA in sunscreens, how would that effect me if I ingested it in a nutrient form? It is on the label of a vitamin/mineral supplement I purchased from Whole Foods. It contains 1mg. I have not taken it yet. Any help?

I am allergic to PABA in sunscreens as well, I break out in itchy hives, the whole deal. I actually took a supplement for a few months off and on, not knowing that it had PABA in it, and I really wouldn't do it again. I started taking what I thought was a great multi type once a day supplement and always felt congested, tired and run down while taking it. I started taking it twice a day thinking my immune system must really need a boost but continued to feel even more congested, etc. and was honestly not sure what was happening. I stopped taking it and felt better. As an experiment I started again and felt run down and congested right away... I finally (why it took me so long I have no idea) looked at the ingredients and saw PABA! I had no outward symptoms like hives or anything, just congestion, etc. more like internal allergy symptoms. Really not fun and if I were you I would try a PABA free supplement!!! Good Luck!

ok im allergic tp paba also always got paba free sunscreen but never realized how many things it really was in i think its in my multi vitamin makeup
just everything what products and vitamins makeup and stuff should i use i think its a bit of a problem i may go to doc i think its even in my body spray
and i was wondering y my chest would break out so know im trying to find the right products i can use

If you have a PABA allergy, you may be sensitve to a lot of other, related things, like certain hair dyes, certain anesthetics, and some antibiotics. For your safety, it's important to fully understand this allergy. Look up PPD allergy online. There are some great pages on Derm Net NZ, both on PABA allergy and PPD allergy.