I been using Proactiv for over a year and have never had problems. However these last few months my face has been breaking out in red patches along w/hives - they seem to be around my forehead, both sides of face and eyebrows. Those particular areas are very itchy. I wonder if my face is having an allergic reaction to Proactiv. What's ironic is that I developed this problem months after having my baby girl, she is now five months old. Could it be that the inbalance of hormones is affecting my body's reaction to Proactiv? Keep in mind that I break-out from time to time for a couple days and then it clears and comes back at a later time. This time around however was a lot more intense than other times. The first few times my skin felt itchy and dry however hives weren't quite visible until yesterday - what the hell? I just got on Birth Control last week? Could it be the Birth Control that is giving my face hives? I guess I have to start a process of elimination - I might start my eliminating Proactiv. I'll keep you guys posted.

[/list]

Hey its definatly the Proactiv... i used it for about a week and got red itchy spots every morning, so i stopped. i decided to try it again the other night, i woke up with puffy red ichty patches around my eyes and my whole forehead, i think thats where my most sensitive skin is. Just use dove soap twice a day and a light moisturizer, the redness will go away in about 12 hours...i just put make up over it....i looked a little puffy but it was better then red.
good luck
you must have sensitive skin

Dont know about this Proactiv. Just read the post on side effects of Proactiv and did a little bit of searching as well. The product doesn't seem to suit a lot of people. Every one in the post complained of red itchy spots or puffy red itchy patches. If so many people are saying it may be its true.

I used proactive for 4 days though not consecutive days but on the third day I got my skin around the neck and cheeks became red and itchy.

I've been using proactive for about 6 months now and I started having problems with red patches on my neck about 3 months ago. For weeks I tried to figure out what it was and the only different thing I used from last year was Proactive. I did work great on my skin as far as pimples go, but these red patches are killing me. First I got few on my neck then they spread all around it and even started affecting my chest. I stopped using Proactive yesterday and I can notice that patches are disappearing :-)
I read about it and many people are allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, so I think I'm one of them.

I actually had this happen to me just last week I had to be off work taking steroids and using steroid cream and eye drops and allergy tablets. I looked horrendous and being a beauty therapist I couldn't be seen as I was. My face and especially my eyes were swollen and red and itchin like mad Obv for the week I avoided any products And it cleared up and my skin was great after steroids etc Last night I decided to try the proactiv again and now my eyes are itchy and puffy again I will defo not be using this product any more :(

Yes its true! Taken me a couple yrs to figure it out but i use to use proactive with no issues & suddenly i got mysteriously sick after 1yr, felt like I was going to die! Did not associate any of it wth proactive. Now ive tested it out twice to make sure as of yesterday & its not the proactive but its benzol peroxide that im allergic to! Its my 1st allergy & im almost 40! Didnt get it until i had used proactive products so its like the products have made me allergic to the ingredient. I break out in hives that start on my neck right under chin, then they sides of face then i take a benedryl or they will cover my face! I will never suggest proactive to others & i myself will never buy anything containing benzol peroxide again.