for about 2 years now, i have noted that my husband sweats around his neck and shoulder while asleep. this happens most of the time and even when the aircon is on. no other part of his body gets wet as we note that the shirt he wears is wet only around the neckline and the upper shoulder area and and as well as his head as the pillow has wet marks in the morning. his back never gets wet as this part of the shirt is dry

we would like to have this checked but we dont know which specialist to consult.

would this be related to sleep apnea as he has been diagnosed to have this problem.

thank you.

Out of curiosity (and I hope that this isn't a rude question or anything) but is your husband overweight at all? My suspicion is that it may be related to him being overweight if he is. If he isn't then I am a little stumped myself as to why he is sweating. Now it is possible that it's related to him wearing a shirt because I start to sweat around the neck at night too when I have a shirt on. THe problem goes away when I stop wearing a shirt. I hope this helps!

Out of curiosity. What happenned? My husband has the same symptoms you are describing. He sweats just around the neck area, and just some nights. I am getting concern because his brother started having the same problem, became worse and next thing you know he had cancer. Have you seen any specialist?

Let me know

thanks

i am way over the hill, and i will perspire for two or three months (just my neck and chest) i am female and have rarely in my long life perspired elsewhere.  all of a sudden i quit for a year or two; but i am a smoker too,  this is interesting.........tks. for posting on this.

Well, I have exactly the same problem, for over 30 years. I have the feeling, that because my lungs are week (my father had TB during the war) and I inherited my lung problems from him; that may be the reason. I never smoked and no other health problems I had so far so I still think that I am lucky to have this minor ‘disease’. We sleep in separate bedroom; we still have a happy life with my wife.

I used to wake up with a puddle of sweat in the cavity of my neck just below the adam’s apple area, and sweat all around my tee shirt neck and chest area, after years of suffering I was found to have severe mix sleep apnea of 43 per Hour, for the past few months I have been waking up with sweat around my tee shirt neck area, and I want to know could this be because for the past year I had not been able to use my by pap machine due to pain and insufficient medication, or is the sweat around my neck caused from something else?

I’m sorry I should’ve added this information as well I am 6 foot tall I weigh 195 pounds and I stopped drinking in 2001 Starting in 2008 I used to wake up with a puddle of sweat in the cavity of my neck just below the adam’s apple area, and sweat all around my tee shirt neck and chest area, 2014 after years of suffering I was found to have severe mix sleep apnea of 43 per Hour, for the past few months I have been waking up again with sweat around my tee shirt neck area, and I want to know could this be because for the past year I had not been able to use my by pap machine due to pain and insufficient medication, or is the sweat around my neck caused from something else?