heyy, im a girl, 13 years old and i swim 3-6 times every week, about a 6 months ago i used to swim 7-9 times each week but i injured my right shoulder and had to have physio on it for a few months, so i had to quit on of the swimming teams, once the guy at the physio had sorted my shoulder out i never returned to the team i had quit, my shoulder has been fine up until now and both of them are now playing up, my right one hurts when i do any of my strokes or MOVE it, the other just when im swimming,
i used to play football but my knee's went really weak and were effecting my swimming as well so i had to quit football, and i have been having trouble with my ankle's
My mum and dad dont seem to believe me and just tell me to get on with it, has anyone got any ideas as to
a) why both my knee's, both my shoulders and both my ankle's are in so much pain,
b) how i can convince my parents that i am not making it up
c) why my right shoulder hurts when do so much as move it?
please help, it is effecting my swimming as well as everyday life and im only 13 and should be playing sport with all my friends but i cant :/

I think that your knee and ankle problems are related to injury you had, but as far as the shoulders go, I’m sorry your parents don’t believe you, I don’t see why you would be making this up. There is well known condition known as swimmer's shoulder and its main sign is pain in one or both shoulders that’s shows up when you try to move them. It’s caused by a number of things, from overtraining to training without full physical readiness. How often do you swim freestyle? Its supposed to happen more when you swim freestyle the most. But important thing is that it’s fixable if you can find people who are familiar with this problem and who will be able to make a proper plan for recovery without you losing your fitness.

freestyle, is one of my main strokes along with fly, so i do it loads, and training sessions tend to be mainly freestyle :/
who like though? x

Probably someone who specialized in sports medicine or physio – at least they will know what are you talking about. Family doctor can’t really give you advice on how to change you routine or what to do regarding training, but maybe he could help in managing pain or recommend you someone who will know what to do.
It always seemed to me that freestyle is not that hard, compared to breaststroke or others, but obviously that’s only if you are complete amateur.

i have tried to get mum to book me a physio appointment but she doesnt believe it is that bad :/
freestyle is pretty easy, yeah but it kills when i swim it! :-(