What is the arm position in freestyle? After I’ve been trying to swim crawl, butterfly and various other styles, I’ve concluded that freestyle is the best category and I want to improve my swimming, but I’m not quite sure about the arm position, because a friend told me that I wasn’t doing something properly. Do you think freestyle is the easiest style?

If you ask me, swimming itself is not an easy activity, and that means none of the styles is easy, even freestyle. Now, the basic thing to know is that the starting position in freestyle is breast position with arms stretched in front of your body. Another important point is that you should never move your arms from the flat position. It’s best that you find a good instructor to supervise your swimming because even if you know in what position your arms should be, you can’t be aware of that when you’re swimming and someone should tell you if you’re doing it properly. That’s only in the beginning. After that your movements become automatic.