I'm 27 years old and till’ this occurred I have never had any problems of this kind before. Recently I started to feel some discomfort in my genitals while walking. I thought it was cause by tight underwear but symptoms were the same even when I changed my underwear.
I looked my testicles and penis and there was nothing wrong with them.
But after a few days, while I was in shower, I have noticed that my right testis is a bit swollen. I became very frightened because I didn’t know what could cause this and it was a first time a saw something like this.
Does anybody have any ideas on this subject and possible cause of testical swelling?

I had similar swelling last year and doctor told me several possible reasons of my swelling.
I was also very frightened and I thought I catch some sexual transmitted disease but doctor convince that I have no serious reasons to be worry.
He sad that reason could be condition called orchitis, bacterial inflammation of normal testicle tissue.
It can be caused by some trivial bacteria found in urine. It can be also cause of some urine infection complication.
Also condition called epididymitis can cause your testicles to be swollen.
In these cases, because the reason of infection is bacteria that it can be cured by some antibiotic crème locally.
If antibiotics do not help than you should consider that reason could be some viral infection or even some STD-sexually transmitted disease.
In that case best thing for you is to contact your urologist and let him to determine right cause and suitable therapy!
Good luck!

I started hurting a little yesterday, and today I just noticed that my left testi is swollen. It's scaring the mess out of me, but I think it scares me more going to the doc for something like that. Hopefully its just a thing and it will go away on its own.

I just read this because a friend of mine is going through the same thing as both of you. I cannot believe there are people out there that think things like this will just go away on there own. Please don't be foolish you cannot put a price on your health and with the horrible illnesses out there you gotta get it sorted out asap!

GET DOWN THE DOCS!

i am suffering from a problem like this
yesterday, during puttin on a sock over another sock, (quite forcefully) i experienced a pain a bit like a cramp in my right gonad. this morning it had swollen up to about 3 times the size!
It does hurt quite a bit when i walk/sit down ect.
Will the swelling go down?

I am horrified at the thought of seeing a docter about this & i am also terrified of surgery.

(I am also suffering from symptoms of glandular fever atm as well)

I learned the hard way with my son that you don't ever want to put off seeing a doctor if you have one or both of your testicles swell, along with pain and possible fever. Although the possibilities are great that you have an infection there is a possibility that the testicle has turned and the blood flow is being cut off. If this is happening you only have a window of approx. 6 hours for it to be corrected before the testicle dies from lack of blood. Don't hesitate, go see a doctor ! They are well aware of this problem and can get it fixed in no time ~ there is no modesty allowed in this type of situation.

I am going thrue the same thing right now. My left testical is 3 times the size of the right and very sore. I whent to the ER and they did a cat scan. They said that everything looked fine and that i have an infection. they also said that it is not an std. I am now on an antibiotic, but it is not helping yet.

hi, guys. I have got the same problem at the moment. a right swollen testical. I had to go to the docs i am only 19 nand it is scary but they do it all the time. They think mine is also an infection, but i am back monday for a ultrasound in the mean time antibiotics. I really recommend you to go to the doctors though please because your testical could be twisted in which case surgery is needed. (mine did this when i was 11) and it is urgent!!!
please go see a doctor i did and they don't judge you etc and will help you with your problems

In my late teens, my left testicle became swollen, a couple times larger than the right. It was diagnosed as a hydrocele-when a layer of liquid forms around a testicle. I had it repaired at the same time as hernia surgery,had no pain except when they removed the bandage! You may want to ask if this may be the problem. My Family Dr. told me what it was without any kind of testing.

Hi All ...... I am having a same issue right now , I already have a surgery done on my right side in Dec 2009 and now again I have same
issue on same side. I am also on a antibiotec and waiting for altra sound in Oct 2010

I think I am having a different issue.  My testicles are red but they do not hurt or itch.  Sometimes they are bright red and sometimes its more of a brownish color.  The vaines are a darker purple as well.  I saw a Dr. and he gave me some medicine to take for a week.  It did not help.  Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong. Id like to have an idea before I go back to the Dr.  Not all Drs know what they are talking about or even care so Id like to have some idea of what is going on.  That way the next time I see a Dr I can at least question him.  Im tired of paying $50 co pays to be told that I am ok then finding out that something was actually wrong.   Thank you.

If your testicles turn or move this is known as torchon of the testicles and belive me you will know about this it is a very sharp pain and should go straight to hospital the only way to explain is that it feels like stomach cramps on the waist line

if you have swollen testicals it could be a hernia / clotting of blood and veins /to much  blood flow

providing you act quickly you should be fine don't worry about getting out your private parts

it could also be to do with nerves within back after lifting ,pains to groin area

have had various troubles over past years and couple of operations