I saw some guys having Heart rate monitor. They claim that it is very important and that everybody should have one. Is that true? Are those monitors really that important? I thought that they were made only for sick people or those obsessed with their heart beat. What do you think about training with Heart rate monitor?

Heart monitors can come handy if you want to pay attention to your pulse during the workout. The reason for doing this is that you may want to keep your heart beat in the particular “zone”, e.g. 60-80% of your heart rate max. There are theories that keeping your heart rate in particular zone can enable you to get maximum benefits from a certain type of workout. Are they really important? Well, people have been successfully riding bikes for decades without it. It is up to you to decide whether you should buy it or not.