So lately this past year i have been working a hard labor job that requires alot of heavy lifting, being on my feet, and sweating. I wouldn't think anything of this, but my problem didn't start till after a year of working there...

To be honest, the problem is that, i am having difficulties with random/chronic blood in stools (bright red, but sometimes ALOT), although recently that seems to have calmed down, but now i am having a bloody leakeage. The problem has been so bad that often with gas, or alot of sweating the blood goes thru my underwear and shows up outside of my pants....at home i can take care of it, but at work i am afraid of what might happen, and how embarrasing it would be to continue working, or face going to my manager and stating my ass bleed...(luckily the two times it happened i took care of it).

I have searched the web, and the general answer seems to be hemeroids, but when i look at myself in the mirror i don't see any bulges, or discoloration, i look healthy as far as i know.

I have also had a broken tailbone since highschool, it was always painful to sit on hard surfaces, but it never made me bleed, but feeling around down there it seems the tailbone peice may have shifted near my rectum, (it feels like a hard almond under the skin) and i fear it may be the cause of iratation...

I also have had a bad diet of lots and lots of sugar and meat, which i have found to be some causes of inflaming the bowels, but i have been doing this for years, and it seems unlikelt my body just gave out recently...

However i have been trying some remedies, I have changed my diet to more fiber, and more vegtables, no sugar or soda, i also have been using medicated wipes, and a Prepheration H for hemmoroids just in case. for the most part it helps for awhile, and then i have this uncontrolable break out, theres no burning, but from the blood it gets itchy, and often at work it's hard to differentiate thewet feeling of blood from sweat, so i am in constant fear fo not knowing if i am bleeding at work and in public!!!

This is causing me so much paranoia, how am i supposed to deal with a condition that causes me to be so paranoid and embarrased that i can't work, becuase it's really getting to that point, i almost had to go home early one night, but i stuck tissue paper down there and made it thru the night.

Other than that, there is no pain, a small bulge under skin from my tailbone, blood is bright red, itching but no burning, and often occurs during gas or sweating, that should cover my sypmtoms...

I know i should see a doctor, but the nearest procto is across state, and also i am afraid of how much a specialized doctor cost, because of no insurance....

Any ideas, please help....

TY

Hi Kitsune, I can tell you that if you have blood in your stool (and I'm hoping it's red, right? It isn't black? if it's black, you need to go to a doctor immediately!) that it's more than likely an anal fissure if it's not hemorrhoids. I know someone who had one of these and the best cure is to take it easy for awhile. If you want to get better, eat lots of vegetables and try to have regular movements for six weeks or so to give it time to cure. If you continue to bleed, you should see a doctor. What do you think?