Hi, since I was a child, I’ve had a problem with waking up in the morning. Eight hours of sleeping are never enough to me. Do I have a sleeping disorder?

I know what you mean, I have the same problem. Alarm clock, phone ringing and stereo volume max can’t wake me up in the morning. I don’t know how I still have my job. I’ve been late so many times, but it’s not because I’m irresponsible. It’s only because I have a problem that I can’t control. I sleep eight hours at night minimum, but it doesn’t seam enough. I think it could be connected with my anxiety. I went to specialist, and told her what I think. She agreed that it is possible that I can’t wake up in the morning due to my anxiety, and she prescribed me Zoloft. It has been a week since I started taking it, and I’m still waiting for it to work. If it doesn’t help me wake up in the morning, I will surely lose my job.

Hi, i have the same problem. my parents used to try to wake me up with an ice water bath...
but i have 5 alarms and nothing works. last month i went to bed EARLIER than usual, and slept through 5 hours of my shift before a concerned co-worker gave me a call that i woke up to. i was fired that day...
but i don't drink, or do anything like that, i just cannot wake up and have never been able to. last night i went to bed at 1 and i just woke up at 4pm!
help!

It sounds to me like you may have a serious sleep disorder, and it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor about it because it doesn't sound like it's going to get better, so please see a doctor or a sleep clinic about your issue so that you can get help for it as soon as possible because I don't think it would be fun to live that way.

Please let us know how this turns out for you.

Hi, I am a 14 year old boy with the same problem. School is torturous, only because I sleep in so late, I literally have to sprint to school. One time, I slept through the whole school day, and another day when I stayed up all night, I practically slept the entire next day. Pain doesn't wake me up, as I learned the hard way when I stayed the night at a friends house and he jumped on me to wake me up. When that didn't work, he kept bouncing until eventually he broke two of my ribs and my right arm. What I found useful though, ironically, was by takin a sleeping pill I fell asleep faster and it lowered my anxiety, making me actually wake up earlier and with batter senses. Try it, it might work on adults.

I just read that people with anxiety(and depression) I'm not sure if you have depression but when sleeping a depressed person dreams three times more than a normal person thus when dreamming you spend so much time in REM sleep where your in a state of arousal and as far as your brain is concerned your dream is real. Adrenaline and other  stress hormones in your system will be active in your body it goes on to say that you end  up spending  more time in a REM sleep than in a deep sleep where the body is recuperating for the next day. thus leaving you feeling tired apon wakening.I have never been told this before but I did know that I never had dreams before my anixiety attach. I never slept properly for 7 years. Anyways this is a very informative website. Depression understand it beat it, treat it. I hope this may help you it did me. they offer a lot of info.....

Im 16 and i have a similar problem. It takes a bit ti get to sleep and when i do sleep alarms wont wake me, along with pain yet someone banging on the door yelling at me can. I know that when i try to get up i feel horific and somtimes can even open my eyes and get out of bed for how tired i am. I need some tips on trying to pass this obstical be for it cost me.

it is a hell expereance everyday mom scolds as u wake up late people thik u are crazy, teachers scold you.. bad attenednce perormace... all are symbols of anxiety and anxiety only anxiety.. i have a tip for you::::::

when u have to get up u will get up but when u get up dont lean back to sleep again

punish your self to get up early (i know how painful it is to leaves sleep, its like leaving gf/bf)

as soon as u  get up get out of bed

take help of someone in ur house to drag u and throw u out... or put  water on ur face 100% u will be up

You may have adrenal weaknesses. I had the same problem since i was a young boy. im 29 now. but after speaking with a naturopath doctor I am better. He prescribed me a whole food plant based diet. I don't drink coffee anymore or take any stimulants as over time those will destroy your adrenal glands. Also i dont reall eat meat or dairy either. Only on occasion. I can now wake up in the mornings no problem and jump right of bed.

I am having the same problem, I just slept 14 hrs and still tired and fogged brain, no drinking , drugs ... just out of sort,

You might have a sleeping disorder, so it will be better to have an appointment with sleep specialist. At your appointment discuss the actual problem with your doctor. To get the proper treatment you can also visit sleep clinics.