My mother recently returned from her business trip to Australia. Actually, she is a doctor and she went there for some seminar concerning new antiseptic medicaments, something like that, I am not sure. Anyway, she brought home some tea tree oil, it has an irritating smell, but since we had an argue about my grades the first day she returned, she never got to explain me what that tea tree oil is for. I mean, do we really need that stuff in our house?

Well, I think that the best thing you should do is try to make up with your mother. I also assume that your school grades are not that great, or else she would not be angry with you. As for tea tree oil, it was probably one of the topics discussed on the seminar. It is proven to be a powerful antiseptic and it is made from Melaleuca Alternifolia that grows in Australia. Therefore, even if it smells bad, it has a good reason for that.