I recently read on several different places on Tamanu oil. It has been mentioned as effective treatment for skin problems. I would like to know more about this. My sister has terrible acne problem, I would like to know if tamanu oil can help her with this. Thank you. What can you tell me about Tamanu oil?

Tamanu oil is also known as Foraha oil in Africa. It is obtain by mechanically crushing the dried nuts of the Tamanu tree. This tree is typically found in the Pacific and Asian Tropical regions. The oil of Tamanu tree is rich and deep in color, and it smells similar to butter pecan ice cream. Yes, Tamanu oil has a soothing effect on the skin, and it helps to relieve irritations such as sun burn, inflammation and general rashes. It also helps regenerate skin cells and has a hydrating effect on the skin; it is a strong anti-inflammatory, making it useful for the treatment of rheumatism, eczema and inflammatory skin conditions. Maybe she should consult dermatologist before she try with oil, but I know that there are several beauty products which contain this oil.