MY ADULT SON LIVED WITH US AND MY HUSBAND HAS MADE IT UNBEARABLE TO LIVE THERE FOR HIM AND FOR ME.  HE IS TRYING TO GET BOTH OF US OUT. THIS IS A 20 YEAR MARRIAGE I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT A FIGHT FOR WHATS MINE. IN THE MEAN TIME MY SON IS HOMELESS. HE CAN BACK TO THE HOUSE TO GET HIS THINGS AND MY HUSBAND STARTED THROWING HIS THINGS OUT THE DOOR. THE TWO OF THEY RESTLED TO WHERE MY HUSBAND 260 LBS PUSHED MY SON 160 LBS BACK AGAINST A COUCH AND WAS HITTING ON HIM.  I SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE COPS BUT DIDN'T, MY SON JUST LEFT.  DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AN EMOTIONALLY DISTURBED PERSON THAT IM DEALING WITH OR IS THIS THE NORM?

Hi spent, no, that's not normal. At best it is assault, if it has been going on repeatedly its abuse. Your family is experiencing family violence. My big question is "are you safe?" You are not going down without a fight for what is yours. That is understandable, but it is hard to defend your rights if you are badly maimed or dead. If you are wanting to leave you need to make a plan that will keep yourself safe and safeguard your rights. I can't really comment on property rights in a separation because they are do different from country to country and state to state. For example Australian laws are vastly different to US laws. But get help to make a plan to leave especially if you feel unsafe. Contact a domestic/family violence service for help with this. They should be able to inform you of your rights, help you leave safely, help you reestablish yourself and inform you about how to protect your assets. Family violence fan be very isolating. Don't go through this alone. Fo up have someone you trust that you can talk to about this? Also, it might not be too late to get the police involved. Having the incident documented would be a good idea. And maybe a restraining order on your husband with regard to your son. I know this is not easy. I don't know your circumstances so it is easy for me to give you generic advice but it is so much harder to know what to do when you are living it. I was in an abusive relationship for far too long and know how hard it can be to leave. stay safe. No-one in your family deserves to be abused. Reach out for help if you need it. he may be emotionally disturbed or he may just be nasty. Either way its unacceptable. Take care and all the best.