Hi
I have a 15 year old you recently started menstruating.Her cycles hasnt been regular.She skipped her period for about 2 months and then started mensruating in the 3rd month.
Ive noticed that although she changes regularly,baths regularly she has a terrible smell during the cyle.What could be the reason for this?Does she have to see a doctor?
Could you please advise.
Thanking you
Gerry

hi dont think it will be anything to be worried about thats wot the depo did for me made me feel like i was pregant all the time and her periods will stop or maybe just have 1 every 3mnths even if she has come off the injection it will be in her system for about a yr or more yet so doubt she will be pregs just the injection causing her body to do different things and im not the only 1 what has had the same experience hope this will help

"Old" blood can have a rather strong odour, it differs between women. Considering he apparent cleanliness I dont think that is the issue,

although you didnt specify which she used, using tampons rather than sanitary towels should have no odour at all, as the menstrual blood never escapes the vagina until she changes tampons.

if there is still an odour despite this, and the odour is significant, you may consider going onto birth control pills, this wont affect the odour, but will lessen the flow of blood each month

@ Marymay: are you sure this wasn't accidentally posted in the wrong topic? the concern is the menstrual odour, not pregnancy!

:'( I am on my period and it is smelly.

Well.........I think that your daughter should see a physician or hygienist. A smellyL period could be presymptomic for something else that might be lurking.......i.e yeast infection, cancer, HPV............ I would let a gynecologist check it out

i recently had this problem.im still trying to find out what the problem is. i am worried, i even did an STD test and it came back negative.

Young girls that just recently start their periods won't always have a set time that their periods will start. Their bodies are just starting to get used to having their first periods, so obviously there will be no set date every month that it will start and stop. They wont begin to become regular until about a year later, maybe a little longer. That's normal, don't be worried, unless you know for a fact that she's sexually active, then take notice.
As for the smell, it could be a few things. She could have a yeast infection. She could try anything from prescriptions, to over the counter medication, have her try douches also. No matter how many showers or baths she takes, it might not matter. Have her change her pad and/or tampon every 2-3 hours. Have her also carry along a small package of disposable body wipes so that she can clean herself when changing. If nothing helps at all, she might need to see a doctor.

Hope this helps.