Well, here i am in my new home!! I am missing 2000 square feet!!! Yes, 800 square feet is what i have to work with, aaarrrggghhh.
So from 2800 hundred to this, i'll be fine o.O
As my husband enjoys the warmth of his fireplace, curled up in front of it with his cup of coffee, i am tripping over boxes and making coat closets into food pantrys. Thank goodness this apartment comes with a lot of closet space.
The move went surprisingly well, even tho it poured all day and stopped right when we closed the door to the moving truck after the last item was taken out, who knew :-|
My kids were all on board and we moved all my stuff in less than 2 hours. It was hectic but i just couldn't wait until our little convoy was making it's way toward my new cave. :-| My kids brought people i didn't even know, but within minutes we were laughing and making a plan of just how to do this move, quickly!!
It went off without a hitch and i even swept and mopped before i shut the door, to my life :'(

So....it's 8 a.m. Sunday morning. My phone rang at 7, it was my son. He ran out of gas on the 531 on his way to work. My daughter jumped up and went to walmart to buy a gas can to go fetch him. He owes her a big one!!!
My little apartmen has been jumping since Friday. Friends and fam pitching in where ever needed. We put my kitchen table and chairs together last nite. As long as i supply the pizza and coffee and beer, it's all good. I was going to partake in a drink last nite but i decided not to. With all the stress and aggrivation that i have been thru in the past few months, i think one beer would get me on a crying jag, i have not shed a single tear at all. I feel it, but it just won't come out. Maybe a good balling session would clean me out a little.

Have not talked to hub at all, his last words were "good luck"!! 15 years and all i get is a "good luck" what ever.
Well, the sea of boxes is taunting me right now, so i'll make another cup of coffee and jump on them. The garbage men are going to hate me.

Good morning bb,

Welcome to your new home. You will be fine!

It's nice that your family and friends, and the new ones too!, could help you out with the move.

As you dig through your boxes, take some time for yourself too.

You know where to find us if you need anything.

Dan

Hey BB, I'm happy that things went well although I'm sad that it had to happen.

800 square feet sounds cozy but how come you moved out and he got the house? It usually works the other way. My 40 year old son is proof of that, he's back in his old room ------ here! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!

You're lucky to have all those people to help you. You raised such such good kids.

Swept and mopped? You cleaned the house for the rat?

Well if you must cry, go ahead, we're with you and it'll make you feel better if you truly miss anything.

I just wouldn't be me if I didn't mention the double meaning I could see in your "good balling session".

15 years and all i get is a "good luck" what ever.

What did you want ----- a good bye boink?

You had a daughter still living at home, right?
Is she with you?

I want to wish you good luck too.
I mean that in a good way, not being sarcastic.

I moved out because he went out of his way to make me miserable. It's not over till it's over, meaning who gets the house. We still have to battle all this out with the lawyers, he may have to sell the house and split the profit, i really don't know whats going to happen. I'm just trying to calm down, as it has been a horrible few months. All the stress and pain has cought up with me, i'm tired and i need some r and r.
And yes, my kids are great. We fuss and argue with each other, but when the mama is in trouble, they come out of the woodwork. I had to clean up, the day was very rainy and the track marks on the kitchen floor was bad. I vacked all the carpets as well. I have been trying to cry, i even watched and listened to a john lennon video, "happy christmas, the war is over" that didn't even work.
A good balling session, hell no, that's the last thing on my mind. I know what you meant, you devil you :-S
As far as the good bye boink, i wouldn't boink him if he paid me :-| :-|
I just think an off the cuff good luck is just a tad stale. Maybe "thanks for the good times" or "it wasn't all bad" or "i'll try not to slaughter you in court" or "please don't step on my balls" but, good luck, bite me >:(

Yes my 21 year old is with me, she is such a good girl, always lookin out for her mama. :'(
Thanks for wishing me luck, i really need it.
I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders right now, i look tired, i have no ambition yet, i hate living out of boxes so i have unpacking everything quickly. Holy no room, well i'm making the room. I had to look on line to see just how to squish a lot of stuff into a teeny space, it works, but now when i want my food processor i will have to go into the linen closet to get it o.O

O well, it's all good. At least i don't have to be on pins and needles any more. I think the final straw was catching him sneakin a call in the garage last saturday night. Cought him red handed ! ! I wish i had my camera it was a kodak moment for sure. He about s**t his knickers, i betcha he had to bury his shorts in the yard that night.

There you go, you got a Kodak moment to remember. Keep that positive attitude and you're going to be fine.

Whenever I changed my life and/or moved, I always looked at it as an adventure to be savored and finding the best way to do things in a new way was always fun. It's like leaving all the old baggage behind and beginning over again.

I have two apartments in my house that I rent out. The largest is a little over 700 sq. ft. They are both three room apartments, and I like it that way so I don't get kids to deal with. I had one woman who was desperate for an apartment so I rented it to her. That apartment had a porch that someone before me had enclosed and then tore out a wall to expand the living room another 5 feet. The front end of the porch then became a large enclosed front entrance which most people use for an office or computer room. It's just big enough to get a small bed in there with leg room to get to the bed. She had three teenagers so she used it as a bedroom for the boy, her two girls slept in the real bedroom and she slept on a sofa in the living room. She also had a female Lab. that had puppies about a week after she moved in. She forgot to tell me her dog was "with child". She used to own a house a couple streets from me so she had the kind of furniture a homeowner would have, not what an apartment dweller would have. That place was packed solid, but they lived there for several years until she bought a house.

When I came home from the army, my parents had moved to Florida so I really was on my own for the first time in my life. I lived in a friends attic for a few weeks until I found a job and got a room. Then I used to worry about what would happen if I got sick and couldn't work and couldn't pay the rent for a while. I finally realized that everyone actually lived like that and it was pointless to let it eat at you.

Things have a way of working out. I quit my job and started my own TV shop when I was 35. Statistics show that new businesses have a 95% failure rate in the first 5 years. Well, it supported us for 30 years at a time when other TV shops were closing all around me. The shop I left had been there 40 years and employed 10 technicians. They closed about 12 years after I left. An odd thing happened when I got a DWI. My business expanded just enough to pay for all the expenses associated with that. But just long enough to cover them. My income went back to what it had been after they were paid. It's like someone up there is controlling it all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it may seem heavy right now but I believe it will work out for the better for you.
Don't let it get you down. :-)

Hey, we always have an empty seat or two on our railcar trips, if you need to get away. :-)

Celebrity
Hey bbfeet.

Welcome to your new home! I am really glad you are doing fine in such crazy situation. Keep that positive attitude!
It is great to have kids and friends around you in times like this, so - yeah - you have a reason to be positive - besides you have a new life waiting for you.
Regarding moving out - I completely understand that you packed your bags - I would do the same - nevertheless - I hope you get the house 8)
Regarding crying - sometimes it feels good to cry and if you somehow feel you need to cry, give it a go - do not keep it inside you.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your new home and in your new life!

Hi bbfeet,
Well I'm sorry that this had to happened to you. I want to wish you a good luck in your new home.
I hope that you will get what you deserve after lawyers deal with him.
Your children really love you. You have to be thankful for them.
Try not to worry too much, like njoynlife said things have a strange way of dealing on their own.

I just want to tell you that we are all here for you.

All the best to you bbfeet.

Thanks for everyones kind and upbeat words. I know that i will be fine, but right now, i'm a bit scared. The good news is that my Lawyer moved my appointment to tomorrow instead of Friday, whew, i like that. I know it's only one day, but it still makes me feel better. I gonna give it a whirl and if the Lawyer says i don't have any sort of shot at anything, i will bow out gracefully, at least i will know that i spoke to a professional and didn't crawl away with my tail between my legs.

I am hearing plenty of feedback, don't forget, some of his friends are my friends. He is really putting me down and says he will not give up a thing to me, unless he is forced to. His words were, "get her down, stomp your foot in her throat, stick the knife in and twist it"... Yeow, that would hurt!!! Soon to be X has a slight sadistic streak i think. I have already made notes for my Lawyer so as i would not forget the good stuff if you will. Hub also chirped to me, on several occasions, that he would rather spend the rest of his life behind bars rather than to give anything to me!!! Hmmm, so you think he wants to "off" me??? Whatever, thats why we have Lawyers.

It seams that it won't be easy on court. But I thinks the odds are on your side. You will get what belongs to you. Give us an update from tomorrows meeting.

Celebrity
What a sicko... o.O
I agree with dark_red - you will get what belongs to you... besides he is the one who screwed up... and is totally screwed up. The words he said ... what is wrong with him?? OMG, I am sorry to say this, but the more I read about this men, the more I think you are better without him... don't get me wrong...
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I think your exhusband has turned nasty because he's really ashamed of himself. And if he hasn't he dang well should be! I'm here to support you and don't forget, the legal system still benefits women with kids in a divorce so I hope you're prepared to win a lot of fun stuff in the settlement ;-)

Hi friends, went to see the Lawyer today, i was sooo nervous. Well, it turns out that hub MIGHT have to liquidate some of his assets, stuff that is already paid off, like his dump truck, his box truck, his econo van and his 50,000 boreing box, he's gonna be very mad at me >:( As far as the house goes, because it was bought with money from his moms inheritance, i may not be entitled to any of it, but because it was inherited money that was then turned into a marital asset, that could make the difference for me. The lawyer has to order an investigation into the business to see what it's worth and i may be entitled to spousal support. Because i have worked for him for the last ten years, he may have to pay me that also.

So now in order to pick up the last few items in the house i have to take a sheriff with me, as hub could say that i took a swing at him or stole something from the house. I need some important records from the office, but the lawyer said he will get them on his own.
To top it off, hub is being asked to pay for my lawyer and if he refuses, we will compell the court, which means the judge will make the decision. Because we have no kids together, he lucks out there.
I have a ton of homework to do from todays meeting, lawyer wants me to write down as much information on the business that i can.
When hub gets that letter fron his lawyer, i will hear him yell all the way to where i live, omg, he is going to flip out.
If he should call me, i have to tell him to talk to his lawyer who should then contact mine. I don't want to see him laying face down in his own bile, which i told my lawyer, i just want to keep my dignity and self respect which he trying so hard to tarnish.

I was so emotionally exhausted this afternoon but my sister in law, who went with me to my meeting, treated me to Red Lobster for lunch. It was sooo good. Shrimp, lobster, stuffed mushrooms and cheddar bay bisquits, which by the way are endless so i brought home 6 more!!! So to the tune of 62.00, we lived it up,yummmmo.
Now i need a nap :-|

Sounds like you're on the way, Beeb.

I can almost feel his pain :-P

Do you think they'll let you play doctor at his next colonoscopy? :-S

Celebrity
njoynlife wrote:

I can almost feel his pain :P

Do you think they'll let you play doctor at his next colonoscopy?

:D

Hi bbfeet,
Well some good news. Great.
Give your best with the homework that your lawyer gave you.

njoynlife,
:-) playing doctor with colonoscopy, good one. :-)