I am a nineteen year old female. Recently I have been making frequent trips to the gyno because of concerns with my vagina. I had no irritation until I was placed on metronidazole tablets twice a day for bacterial vaginosis which came back in my pap smear. I then developed three large red bumps all in the same area more towards my thigh and buttocks area where there is hair. I had stopped shaving because of the bacterial vaginosis. Could it be ingrown hair? I was just tested for stds and all came back negative, but they didn't test for herpes. Could it be herpes? The bumps lasted for a week and a half and with triple antibiotic ointment are almost gone. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. It has been 10 months since my last unprotected sexual encounter. I have only had 2 unprotected sexual encounters in my life. Please help me understand, because my gynecologist doesn't seem to know.

If this happens to you more than 3 times a year you may have Hidradentis Supporativa