(I posted this in the sexual health forum as well)

I've had some painful bumps on my vulva since Wednesday, and I'm pretty convinced that it's vaginal thrush, but obviously there are many other possibilities of what this could be. Since I discovered them I've made an appointment with Planned Parenthood to get a PAP exam done on Tuesday.

I'm posting here to see what kind of results I should prepare myself for.
Here are the facts:

I currently have a Candida skin infection. It's a red rash on my skin that I've been battling with for a few years now. Candida is something my mom seriously struggles with as well and has had many yeast infections because of it. It's been about 4 years since I have a yeast infection and it cleared up right away.

I have several red bumps on my outer and inner labia, but I've had no clitoris or vaginal discomfort. A few of them have a white head when I look down at them, but the head is not noticeable when I used a mirror to examine them. I noticed one on my inner labia close to my vagina leak a white fluid, much like pimples on the face. I wiped it up promptly.

I have thick white discharge.

A distinctive, different odor then what I usually have, but it's not terribly offensive.

It's EXCRUCIATING when I urinate and it passes over the bumps on my inner labia. It finally brought me to tears today.

I have NO flu-like symptoms (typical with an initial herpes outbreak).

I've been cramping so I know my period is going to be starting soon.

I started having sex with my boyfriend of about a month and a half, we have unprotected sex because I have an IUD. It's been 2 years since his last sexual partner before me, and it's been about 5 months since my last sexual contact before him (It was also unprotected, but the guy had only slept with one other girl and that was at least a year prior to our contact, and I'm 90% sure that they used condoms because she wasn't on birth control).

I've tried looking at my vulva with a mirror and it's not distinctively red, but it is extremely sensitive.

I've become afraid to use the bathroom because it's such a terribly painful experience at this point.

I've increased my intake of probiotics by buying plain nonfat yogurt with acidophilus, I even tried spreading it over my vulva which only gave me temporary relief. I've also tried spreading coconut oil over the affected areas and it also provides temporary relief.

My initial symptoms were classic of a yeast infection, vaginal dryness, thick white discharge, general discomfort. The next day I bought a 3 day Walmart brand of Miconazole cream. It really didn't do anything at all.

The last couple days none of the pimples have busted, and I'm afraid to try messing with them for fear of creating an even further infection. My pubic hair is a little less then an inch long and its definitely irritating them.

Tomorrow it will have been a week since I first noticed what I thought was the yeast infection. None of the vulva "pimples" have busted to form ulcers, blisters, or scabs.

The last pap I had came back with results of Bacterial Vaginosis. This pap was at the very end of September of 2009, which is when I had the IUD inserted. I had no other ailments, afflictions, or STDs at that point.

Like I said, I really think that I have a chronic case of vaginal thrush. I have had oral thrush in the last year, and the candidiasis skin infection has been haunting me for a long while. I don't have medical insurance, so I'm not sure if the Candida has progressed into Diabetes.

Sorry for the mile long post, this is just something that is seriously affecting my life right now. I don't want to move around much, and I'm terrified of bathroom trips.

Please tell me what you think, ask any questions, etc.

I have the exact same problem, did anyone else ever figure out what this is?

Hi I'm 15 years old and have a very dry vagina. I got white pimples everywhere which is very painfull. My vagina is red and very sore and I find it hard to walk, sit. I have to sit down with my legs open. And I can't sleep due to this. I have never had this before and I have gone to my local doctors and have given me tablets and yeast infection cream. I have used the cream regurrlly and tablets. But it seems to get worse. I'm not very happy about this as I can't urinate, and if I do it's very painful. I cry over how painful this is and want it to go as soon as possible. Is this vaginal thrush? What's the quickest way to get rid of this? :'(

Hi. Yes it sounds like you have thrush. It is so easy to get this. Women naturally have candida in our vagina, but our body keeps it under control. When you introduce external candida (which can be done SO easily, during our periods using tampons, pads, etc. masturbating, sex) it can cause an imbalance and results in thrush. So too can use of antibiotics that kill the good bacteria that keep the thrush controlled and wearing certain types of underwear that prevent the vagina "breathing". Garlic helps immensely. You can actually put it up your you know what if the thrush is internal. I have used this often. Word of advice... don't skin it unless you're prepared for the pain, though also a more rapid improvement. By skinning I mean, removing the dry skin/outer layer, and then peeling off the next layer of tough skin to get the moist inner part of the garlic. Also, you may find you start to feel ill (in which case, remove the garlic and it should go away). It's the nature of healing.

Various essential oils help (not topical but using a diffuser). Don't have sex while you have symptoms as you can give you're partner thrush which is often very uncomfortable for them as they're not used to it since their bits are on the outside of their body. Take pain killers if need be. The more you get it, the easier it gets. Initially you can have flu-like symptoms from initial thrush outbreaks (as with herpes), but again it depends on the person and the severity of the outbreak.

Obviously there are medical treatments (vaginal creams) but there are so many natural alternatives that it's really unnecessary. Also, limit sugar consumption during outbreaks as that is what feeds the candida. Alcohol and excessive sugar consumption can bring on an imbalance of the body's natural thrush itself, without the addition of external candida.

Hope this helps.

Omg I'm having the same thing I cry EVERYTIME I use the bathroom I try to avoid using it. Do you know how to make it stop? Did you find out what it was?

i have the same problem.. now it looks like all the sores are open and its still very bumpy.. i am pregnant but havent had sex with my fiance for a while now .ive never had this before... but it burns like fire and when i try to pee it feels like my inside is cut open thats how bad it burns.. does anyone know what ir could be ?

It actually sounds as though you may have an outbreak of herpes

I also all these symptoms exactly , I am diabetic..

Both sounds like herpes

Sounds like herpes

Me too it hurts

I have a little lump near my hole its really sore it hurts without touching it and when i wee it burns like fire i am really scared please help

Sounds like yeast infection. Eat lots of yogurt! Also you can buy plain yogurt and rub it on the affected area. This is an alternative to those that can not afford a doctor. Of course if your not cleared in a few days definitely see a Dr. as it could be more serious

i am just getting over a uti and last week i shaved. after shaving i realized MULTIPLE bumps appear on my outter labia that hurt like helllll. i cant walk, it’s uncomfortable to sleep and etc. yesterday i took a hot bath because i read that i may help soothe the “boils” but that seemed to make it worse. today i realized that some of these bumps popped and when i try to urinate it burns sooooo bad i had to stop. pls help

I have the same thing it started Saturday and now it's Sunday and feel exactly like how u feel right now I have no idea what to do