Recently, I have noticed some bumpy pimples in my pubic area. I was very scared. I thought that this might be genital herpes. Is it possible that it is? I know I should go to urologist. Please help!

You should go to your doctor if you are concerned about these bumpy pimples. All changes should be reported, and not ignored. It is hard for me to diagnose you with so little information and without examining you. I can help you by giving you more details about genital herpes. Genital herpes is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus or HSV, and there are two types of HSV. Both of these types can cause genital herpes. HSV type 1 most commonly infects the lips, but it also can infect the genital area and produce sores. HSV type 2 is the usual cause of genital herpes. Virus that causes genital herpes can be passed from infected person to uninfected one during sex. Both types of HSV can produce sores (lesions) around the vaginal area, on the penis, around the anal opening, on the buttocks or thighs. Sores can appear on other parts of the body, usually where the virus has entered through broken skin. Early signs and symptoms of genital herpes are itchy and burning sensation in the genital area, pain in the legs and buttocks, feeling of abdominal pressure, vaginal discharge etc. Even though genital herpes can not be cured treatment usually includes medications that prevent future episodes, like Acyclovir, Famciclovir, Valacyclovir.

I too am experiencing the same type of "pimples" in my pubic hair region. They aren't located anywhere near the vagina, but up on the pubic bone (bikini area). They are semi-uncomfortable, what feels the same as a pimple on the face, and some have white heads. They feel as though they have a small lump underneath what appears to be the head of the pimple. I'm concerned that it may be genital herpes. Could it be from waxing, and possibly be inflammed hair follices?

my boyfriend has white tiny pimple looking bumps a lil above his penis where he has most pubic hair.. it looked like a red rash and there were many tiny tiny bumps and i got him a cream and power (since he often sweats in the area) and it has gotten a little better in just about 2 weeks but there are still tiny bumps they have white heads and i have popped them just like a pimple and then it bleeds. Me and him have had sex with eachother only (unprotected) for the past 8 months including oral and neither I nor him have anything like it else where such as the mouth or lips and i do not have anything on my private area. The bumps are not on his penis just by the area where the pubis hair grows just above the penis and below the pelvis. He never shaved this area jus trimmed with scissorrs perhaps the short hair with the sweat causes irritation. I assume that the reason the rash has not disappeared quickly with the creams and powder are because (besides them not being suitible for his rash) he continually sweats on the area for the most part of the day. What do you assume it could possibly be. There is not pain during intercourse or pain during urination and there are no bumps elsewhere on the penis.

I have the same problem. Too bad the Dr. here doesnt even give an idea of what the problem could be. Your discription was in great detail. I have the exact same problem. I went to my family Dr. She said it was just a skin infection and to apply Hydrogen-Peroxide on it. It didnt help. I have to pop them everytime new ones appear. And a lot of blood comes out. After I pop it, a small round ball of flesh comes out. Its pink in color. I have no idea what this is. I had no sex with anyone. It started a few months ago all of a sudden and now it keeps re-occuring. There are 3 people here including me who have the same problem. Someone please help. If you did manage to find out what it is, please inform me Thank you.
------------------------------------------------------
schmotzer
Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:00 am Post subject: Pimples In Pubic Area Reply with quote
Guest wrote:

I too have the same problem. for the past couple years i have had these odd tini tini pimple like things on the base of my penis near the pubic hair twords the bottem of the shaft and on my scrotum.. i dont know how to make these go away from what ive read and all my research i think it is a bacterial infection and can be treated easyly although i do not feel i have a small penis or anyhting i feel extreemly uncomfortable even thinking about antoher man inspecting and looking at my privates.. what do you recomed will help make these go away. i have tryed to pop them as well but they do not realy pop..

try this Genital Molluscum Contagiosum

Those that are describing the tiny pimple-like bumps probably have molluscum contagiosum. It is a bacteria that causes little white balls to grow inside the skin. The little balls are almost like tiny pearls, hence the term molluscum. The skin around it then looks pinkish/white. It is highly contagious and once a bump bursts, it will spread (infecting other areas and causing new bumps). There are many treatments, like freezing them or removing them with a curette. Dermatologists and Ob/Gyns are the way to go. Your doctor can prescribe Mupirocin, an antibiotic cream that works well (ask for it by name when you see your doctor). Molluscum also goes away by itself, but it can take a long time--up to two years in some cases. In the meantime, don't shave your pubic area, don't reuse towels or jeans without washing them first, only take showers (no baths), and disinfect the toilet seat often. The bacteria is tough and lingers everywhere.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I am 16 years old i have had sexual relationships with three girls. I am very worryied since now all the sudden a white pimple like dot appeared in my pubic hair. They go away in 3-5 days. But since I shave you can see them pretty good. they are not big at all very small just like zits. It does look like a zit. I do play sports and sweat down there, can zits be down there? I'm very scared because two of them girls i've been with have had sexual relationships with other partners. I have not been to the doctor, I am to scared to go so I turned to the internet for help.

I had sex with a girl 2 days ago , had to work in the morning and was running late so i worked wihtout showering till i got home that night, once about to step into the shower i noticed red bumps around my inner thigh and above the penis, there are no bumps or marks anywhere on my penis or scrotum only around it, there are about 30 dots some are like pimples with a small white point some are not but all are surrounded by a red 1cm or less radius, today it appeared that a few more spots have popped up on my other thigh and i am getting worried, i plan to speak with a doctor first thing in the morning but i was hoping someone could give some insight on this issue.

i have had this pimple on my pubic hair for about a week now... it itches at times but not all the time... i have had one before but it never grew to be so big... the last one went away so i figured this one would to but it still has yet to disappear... i dont want to go to the doctors cause im scared it will be something big... im worried that this may be something bigger then it seems... i wanna know before its to late... WHAT SHOULD I DO and WHAT IS IT??

Guest wrote:

did you ever figure anything out on that

I'm fifteen and still a virgin -- I've never had sexual relationships what-so-ever, and I rarely have my period (for whatever reason).

Anyway, about a week ago a large red bump appeared in my pubic hair region, and it hurts alot whenever it presses up against my jeans or if I touch it.

It looks and hurts just like a (really big) pimple on my face, but something tells me that that still isn't normal. I live alone with my dad, so going to the doctor or telling him about it in order to get ointment for it isn't really an option.

Any suggestions of what it could be, or how I could deal with it? It's really freaking me out.

-Anon.

I'm experiencing pimples like described above but without the growth inside. They only appear when I have sex with my girlfriend (long distance relationship) and disappear within a week of leaving her place.

Can anyone shed some light here?

I have what appears to be pimples (but with no white head on them) They are like under the skin and its like a big knot it hurts if i try to squeeze it there are a couple places but one is bigger then the other i try to pop it and nothing happens it just hurts and will what appears to swell a little, I have noticed them before they go away if i can pop then in a decent amount of time but if i cant pop them they stay there for a little while. I have what looks like in-grown hairs under the skin in some of the area i do have ever now and them mostly trim but i do get ingrown hairs in the area, any idea of what this is and what is going on?

email me please ... because I will probably never check this I was just trying to find some quick info... my email address is *** Please email me because I wont look at the rest of the post on here. Thanks!

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **