I was recently shaving my vaigna and bikin area and noticed one area that felt like a hard mass on under the skin higher up around my bikin line. I thought it was a ingrown hair because i have had them before from shaving around that area...but when i messed with it ( i know it was a bad idea) nothing came out and the area kinda turned a darker color. then i also noticed on the same side but lower down on my bikin area there was a smaller hard mass but this time when i tried to pop it hard white stuff came out, like when you unclogg a pore on your face....but now it seems like i just irrated it. The area is still small only a little red and there seems to still be stuff in there. i've recently been putting a warm cloth on the area before i go to be bed followed by neosporane. Neither area in my bikin line has been painful....and i haven't had any other vaginial problems such as painful urination or any abnormal dishcharge, so i'm really confused as to where these 2 bumps came from or how to get rid of them. if anyone out there has had something similar happen to them, please let me know because everytime i try to research online it just freaks me out because all i keep finding is Herpes!!

I doubt it's anything to get freaked out about. I get them too. They kinda look like a little red bump and when they start to go away they turn dark. Is that how yours look?

I believe it is either an ingrown hair or just plain out irritation from shaving or the hair growing back.

Hope I've helped calm your nerves...

--LinZ

look up cellulitis on the internet. best thing you can do is buy this stuff from the drug store called ichthammol ointment it smells gross but it works great. cover it with a bandaid. if you are using cheap razors down there stop these things are no joke they are portals for bacteria and you could get a staff infection they are life threatening. basically you are getting boils from the in grown hairs hopefully this helps ya

Posting this for anyone doing research for this like i was earlier today... I am sure you're TOTALLY freaked out but remember that no matter what it is there's nothing you can change - so just accept it and move on!
I woke up with a giant bump (about as big as a pea, if not bigger) the other day. I was doing research and decided it was likely herpes... I freaked out, went to an std clinic. The doctor just said "yup, probably herpes" and took some tests which I wouldn't get for a week and a half. Here I was sitting at home, totally sickened with myself and determined to figure out what it was for myself. As I did more research, I read something about cysts / ingrown hairs and how you should use a warm compress or have a bath. I sat in a salt bath (recommended epsom salts but I didn't have any, so I just used salt) for about 20 mins. I tried to pop it prior to this and nothing happened - just blood. Finally, I could!! It turns out a very long LOOSE hair had gotten lodged in there and I had some sort of infection around it. :S Not sure how... but ingrown hairs, etc. can apparently become VERY big - take me as an example. Please don't freak out, just try to cure it, and also see a doctor. It's worth it to take every precaution, because me trying to figure this out FINALLY gave me some peace of mind. Good luck everyone, and remember to check first at herpes symptoms - if it's that don't pop. If you think it could be something else use a warm compress or have a bath and try it. Good luck!