Before I move on, I will be very honest hear. I am 29 years old male. I am of 5'4 height and 160 lbs. And I am gay. I have been having sex with guys since the age of 19. And I have been invovled in both oral and anl sex. However, anal sex had always been protected with a condom.

Before I go on, please keep this in mind I don't wear underwear and I wear very tight jeans. For a very long time, my entire scrotum and testicle have been itchy. However, I have never noticed any visible rash or blisters on my scrotum. For past one or two years, I have been seeing little rash in my scortum's hair though. Some times, they become large and they go away. But for past one month I have developed one more problem. Before I go on, the last time I was invovled in anal sex was 7 months a go. For past 1 month in a half for no reason my butt has been itchy and it is causing a light pain and burning. I went to the doctor for this problem and he didn't find any visible red bumps or rash in or around my anus. Could this be a prostate problem? Because I drink a lot of soda and some times I get stomach aches because of excess of soda and I have to go poop more than i should. Could this cause anal pain and ithc? He thinks I have pin worms and he gave me an ointment and some pills to take which I have not taken because right now my morale is really down.

Now I see one more thing. For week in a half once again I see a big bump on left scrotum. It is like on the bottom side and there are pubic hair around it. Before it became slightly red, but now it is turning in to colorless. Some times it itches and hurt if i wear tight jeans. Please note, this bump doesn't bleed nor it seem to have any puss. My testicles get very sweaty. And I also notice another slight bump on the right sight of my scortum around the hair. And I see pimples here and there all around my testicles. However, they never turn in to blisters or red cold sores. I dont have any rash at all on my penis. However, I have noticed some thing strange. For the first time, I am noticing a pimple also in my pubic area above the penis. It was red and itchy in the beginning, but looks like it is healing itself right now.

Therefore, before I go to a doctor based on what I have written, do you guys think this could be herpes or another std? Or is this a problem of ingrown hair or is it warts or yeast infection? Also, please note I don't get heaches. I dont get diarhea. Nor I get fever. Nor I have flu like symptoms.

Any ideas folks?

Any help or feedback would be highly appreciated

As best I can tell, it seems to me like you have an ingrown hair more than anything. Also, if you have anal sex frequently, even if you are safe and do not have an STD, you can be itchy in your rectum simply because of slight mucus drainage. I would still recommend seeing the doctor just to be sure. What do you think?

Hey Healthfitness guy,

Many many thanks for replying to my topic. After a lot of thinking, I have decided to go to a doctor. However, before going to a doctor I have bought insurance because Godforbid if I do have any std, then my insurance should be able to cover for it. Because if I get diagnosed before not having any insurance, then it becomes a pre existing condition. And no insurance covers for that.

My insurance doesn't start till november 1st. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I have read some where that butt pain can also be the sign of HIV. Is that true?

I don't engage my self in sex with guys that often. May be once a year or 1 time in two years. And I never had any sort of sexual relationship with women. So I don't know what coudl this be?

Hem-roids will make but itch and burn even bleed

It sounds like you have herpes. How did your doctors appointment go? Were you diagnosed with anything?

It sounds like you have herpes. Were you diagnosed with anything? Although you use condoms if a man has herpes on the lowest part of the shaft of his penis or on the underside near his testicles, a condom does not cover this area and herpes can be spread easily to the rectum. In another instance if a man has herpes around his rectum and there is full penetration the areas of the mans penis at the very bottom and on all sides of the shaft are susceptible to herpes. It depends on who is giving and who is receiving. It is extremely important to make sure that you do not shave directly prior to anal sex. Shaving causes pores to be open and susceptible to infection. It's always important to know who you are with, ask questions about their health. If you are comfortable enough to have sex with a person you should be comfortable enough to talk about sex. Once you get herpes you will always have it. It is manageable and may lay dormant for years. If you do have herpes you must keep your immune system healthy. Please also note HPV is another std that is easily spread. When becoming intimate with a person it is very easy to inspect a penis for herpes and HPV in a sexual loving way. Your health is important and so are you!! Be safe.