I had a laser procedure done 5 weeks ago to treat BPH. Since surgery, I have been catheterized 5 times, have spent 2 days in the hospital, have been irrigated twice, have gone to emergency rooms twice, and have had a cystoscope. I continue to bleed (not blood in urine, but just blood) when I urinate, and I am passing large numbers of very large clots. They tell me that this is normal, but my quality of life is almost nil. I can't stay out for long periods of time, because I don't know if I will urinate normally, pass blood, pass clots, or not pass at all. Can anyone help; I am at wits end, and am considering going to a different doctor.

first of all, did you follow your surgeon's advice, no sex, force fluids, no lifting, nothing strenuous for at least 4 weeks? Minimal car riding, walking, not sitting for long periods of time, and rest??? then you have to consider how much prostate had to be vaporized and how the procedure went. Good luck....