I have 3 younger brothers. The oldest was circumsized, the two younger were not. The 2nd oldest his penis was left alone till he was able to pull back. He now has problems with the skin and the frenulum (under side of the penis) is tight and grown almost to the hole of the penis. the top side can pull back further. its hurst him and also had problems with smegma build up that was pretty severe. The youngest my mom has learned to pull pack the penis and guide it to do so on its own. He now does not have any problems and never had any build up of smegma. 

Now, being a mother to a son myself, I have also learned to guide my sons penis to retract. Because of mixed advice and uncertainty on my part i let it go for a bit. Now there is a large build up of smegma and when pulling it back his frenulum tore. My heart just breaks and feel so bad. At this point I am not sure what to do concerning that but I DO SUGGEST PULLING BACK THE SKIN BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT YOUR SON WILL COME INTO PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE. Remember you are being natural with not circumsizing it but like anything sometimes you need help and I would much rather help him now by pulling it back then circumsize it or leave it be and confront problems when he is older and more sensitive. 

I hope this give some reassurance and in return I get some suggestions as well with my son.  Way to go mom your doing a good thing! Dont allow anyone to tell you otherwise! 

Thanks everyone for your advice, I have seen numerous dr's and specialists they all say that the foreskin needs to be pulled back and cleaned, I have taught my son how to do now that he is 6, he did always have irritated and red penis when I was inquiring about what to do. Now he pulls back and cleans it himself.

I'm glad to hear you did it and that it worked out well. I feel it saved me a lot of worry and maybe pain when I was growing up.

I hope the redness and irritation has gone away now that he's retracting and cleaning regularly.

You should not try to retract his foreskin. It is not supposed to retract until about puberty.

Premature forcible retraction would injure the child because at his age the foreskin is fused with the glans.

The first person to retract the child's foreskin should be the child himself. He won't retract it if it hurts.

At this time, your son apparently has a fatty pad that conceals his penis. As he gets older, the fatty pad should diminish and his pens should grow and stick out more.

Do not worry. Orly clean the outside.